Football Manager Handheld 2011 (iPhone) - 2.2 Update out now

• SI Staff

I'm pleased to announce that the 2.2 update for Football Manager Handheld 2011 (iPhone) is now available for download from the iTunes store.

This update is fully save game compatible (ie. any existing save games you have already can be continued after it is installed).

A full list of the changes in this update can be found in the credits section of the game.

As well as the usual myriad of tweaks to the game engine and suchlike there are a handful of new features as well:

* Appealing retirements

If you click on a player profile of a player who is retiring in your team you will be able to request he postpone his retirement.

* Fake player startup option

In the preferences section there is not an option to start the game using a fake database instead of the usual real world players.

Using this option clubs retain their standard of talent but all players are randomizes so that its harder to tell which players might be the wonderkids of the future etc.

* New formations added

At the request of players of the game I've added in two new formations 4-3-2-1 and 4-2-3-1, these will only be available in new games (ie. if you continue an existing save game they won't be present).

I noticed that when I look at the game on the app store it doesn't say installed even though I have the game. If I was to click buy now and do what vibe forum is saying will I be charged again for the game. I have a lot of credit on my account and don't want to be charged 6.99 again

Installing the update has deleted all my unlockables I had just unlocked them all. Can this be fixed?

Just started a new game to use the new formations and they aren't there. Is anybody else having either of these problems?

• SI Staff
Just started a new game to use the new formations and they aren't there. Is anybody else having either of these problems?

Please check that the update has installed - the version should be showing in the credits section as 2.2.

• SI Staff

Can you turn quick starts off and check if they're present with that disabled please? (it might be something specific to quick starts).

Please check that the update has installed - the version should be showing in the credits section as 2.2.

I checked the credits as soon as I downloaded it to read to see what was on and it says I have 2.2

• SI Staff
Installing the update has deleted all my unlockables I had just unlocked them all. Can this be fixed?

I'm afraid this might be a knock on to the preferences having changed format - its not directly 'fixable' HOWEVER you can now transfer files on and off from the game to your computer and vice versa so hopefully someone will make a game configuration file available with them unlocked which people can download in the near future (you should then be able to install it onto your device by dragging and dropping.

Incidentally this feature now allows you to transfer your save games to different devices so you can setup challenges for friends or just backup a valuable save for safeties sake.

• SI Staff
I noticed that when I look at the game on the app store it doesn't say installed even though I have the game. If I was to click buy now and do what vibe forum is saying will I be charged again for the game. I have a lot of credit on my account and don't want to be charged 6.99 again

Glad you've got this sorted - so you know however the store shouldn't ever charge you for an app you've purchased; if you click 'buy' it'll realise you own it already and ask if you want to download it again.

Can you turn quick starts off and check if they're present with that disabled please? (it might be something specific to quick starts).

That has fixed it Marc but should that happen, also what about losing all the unlockables?

• SI Staff
Will we get full players database when selecting multiple leagues?

No changes have been made to the database for the first update - we are investigating the possibility of expanding the database in a future update, most likely to coincide with the January transfer update.

• SI Staff
great i have the update without any problems.

Marc, do you only need too start a new game if you want the new formations or for more stuff?

The only feature which requires a new game being started (and then it needs to be a non-quickstart game) is the new formations; all other changes will occur within an existing game.

• SI Staff
I'm not sure what you mean?

On the left hand bar highlight your device and it should show a page which displays some device summary information.

Above that is a bar with some options on it 'Summary' will be highlighted by default, click on 'Apps' and it'll show you the applications installed on your device. Under that list is a section called 'File Sharing' - this lists applications which support file sharing, FMHi 2011 is one of these now - highlight that and you'll be able to see files the game uses such as save games and the game configuration file.

I think this is more easy than look at the credits in the game ;)

Marc place this (the full change list of the update) on http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/.

Full changelist for the update:

#2.2 FMHi 2011 - Update 1

Tune club expectations for clubs who have failed to qualify for CL

Tune club expectations for clubs who win a minor European trophy

Dont move A-league matches due to international call-ups (this can cause scheduling issues)

Tweaked board confidence regarding squad morale

Fix transfer holiday cheat

Fix for free transfers being completed at wrong time

Allow lower league matches outside of top division to be postponed due to international call-ups when necessary

Make sure the availibility and type of news item response button always matches the news item being displayed.

Ensure release button for your players is available if you're managing a nation and a club

Fix issue with Player/Non-Player links menu

Tweaks to the match engine (making effect of crowding in 4-3-3 more realistic)

Fix issue where sorting some list pages could give away player potential information

Make GameCenter report overall manager points not season total

Fix obscure 4.1 GameCenter crash

Fix issue with Manual not displaying for some users

Slight tweak to off the ball injuries

Slight tweak to training injuries

Added fake player game startup option

Fix displaying of yellow cards given out on 2d

Various 2d match improvements

Improve default tactical roles for formations

Tune match injury rates and durations slightly

Tune match performances for exceptional players slightly

Tune corner rates slightly

Fix obscure finance crash when someone obtains up a 2bn transfer budget

Tuning to club attendance progression

Improve the amount of players interested in joining minor clubs

Fix World Player Award distribution

Add 4-3-2-1 and 4-2-3-1 formations (only available in new non-quickstart games)

Added clickable link to relationship strings

Tune reputation rises after winning major competitions

Added FMH2011 hashtag to twitter posts

Fix part-exchange deals when AI club squad is full

Tweak manager expectations for clubs who win cups in lower leagues

Fix obscure crash when exit/restarting leagues in rare circumstances

Make manager names on jobs page linked to their profiles

Fix youth policy display on human manager profile

No longer veto transfers on medical grounds for short-term injuries

Fix incredibly rare save game loading crash

Allow retirement appeals (click on the retirement message in a player personal area)

Fix rare end of season transfer glitch

• SI Staff
Nice, was starting to get bored of my last game, glad i popped back onto here, i've been checking for the update the last few days, downloading now :)

Let us know what you think to it :D

Quick edit, just noticed the sugar daddy unlock gets removed once the patch is added, was enjoying that :(

Not to big a deal though.

Sorry my bad tbh - should have checked/warned people about that.

good news! after I played a couple of games I got the message saying that my club was being taken over by a company (sugar daddy), and that the may get rid of transfer windows in the future (no transfer windows). so if you keep playing a saved game that had already unlocked some features, even though they are erased by the update the game unlocks them again I guess by looking at your managerial history

I play for a couple of hours with the update 2.2, and this is what I've noticed so far:

*Tuning to club attendance progression: Work perfect, its more realistic now.

*Tweaked board confidence regarding squad morale: The board confidence improve a lot. The board expect that i stay clear of relegation and i'am hitting the 1st place now and before the update the board was just satisfied. And after the update the board is absolutely delighted with the way i leading the team. So i think this is work perfectly.!

*Various 2d match improvements: I'am glad this was in the update. The 2d match runs way better now. Great improvement.!

*Added fake player game startup option: i don't now i ever use this but i think its a great new feature.

*Slight tweak to off the ball injuries: Way better now.

*Slight tweak to training injuries: Way better now.

I'm very happy with the update, especially because you can move on with your save game.

Marc you did a really good job. I'm looking forward to the next update ;).

cheers,

Jim

• SI Staff
would this update be easier to sell the players?

It should be slightly easier with certain types of players which weren't getting that much interest in the last version of the game BUT do bear in mind sometimes you will have to be patient to sell players, especially ones which aren't fantastic.

• SI Staff
Very close to buying this now but there's one thing holding me back..... I know I asked before but how likely is it you can extend the game beyond 30 seasons?

This is highly unlikely at present I'm afraid.

(sorry I know thats not what you wanted to hear - but I want to be honest about it)

Archived