Cheating or not?

I am planning on a career game in Finland there is a Brazilian striker who is available on a free transfer at the start of the game and will sign for £425 a week. I know this as I ran a quick test before hand trouble is the only way to get him on my game is by adding all players from Brazil. This is something I do not really want to do as it adds too many players and it seems a waste of time just for one player. Me and my mate were talking about if it is cheating to add the player to my team using the editor and put him on £425 a week contract. I am guessing in the strictest meaning it is cheating just wondered what the rest of you think?

Him moving around the world would happen as the club already has one Brazilian player they signed from a Brazilian club. Doesn't matter about a team in Finland knowing as surely most people that play FM use knowledge from previous saves to sign players don't they?

Not trying to argue as I can see both of your points.

Him moving around the world would happen as the club already has one Brazilian player they signed from a Brazilian club. Doesn't matter about a team in Finland knowing as surely most people that play FM use knowledge from previous saves to sign players don't they?

Not trying to argue as I can see both of your points.

I'm sure lots do but its not personally something I do.

Looking at your original post again I would say if you have already decided to sign him and its just a question of loading the leagues then I think using the editor means little difference.

it's cheating, end of...

what would be funny is if you loaded all the leagues and then he didn't want to join your club! :D

I never sign players from a previous save UNLESS they are recommended by scouts/assistant/coaches in the current save - i.e. I don't go looking for players I know are good enough, I wait until they appear in my game naturally...

it's cheating, end of...

what would be funny is if you loaded all the leagues and then he didn't want to join your club! :D

I never sign players from a previous save UNLESS they are recommended by scouts/assistant/coaches in the current save - i.e. I don't go looking for players I know are good enough, I wait until they appear in my game naturally...

I will be loading all players from Brazil and seeing if he joins, if he doesn't then I do not really mind. He is probably slightly worse than the current strikers at the club but I signed him on FM10 and despite being poor he went on to be my favourite player, guess it's more of an attachment to what he did for me on that game than how good he is that makes sense lol.

I don't know why you're worried about if it is cheating or not??? Just play the game whatever way you want. He's available on a free - so sign him whatever way tickles your fancy. If you don't want to load all players from Brazil then don't.

There is no moral dilemma here at all.

There is no dilemma at all just me and my mate were talking about it last night so I thought I would ask here to see what other people thought. I just loaded all players from Brazil and signed him I would feel like I cheated if I got him using a pre-game editor.

Why? What's the difference? If you load the game with the Brazillian players you will end up signing him anyway, but you'll just have a bunhc of other brazil players that you don't want in the game.

It's your game. Play it whatever way you want. There's virtually no difference in signing him using a pre-editor or loading all the players. The only difference is that you don't all the players loaded from brazil. And that's what you want.

If that's the way you want the game to start for you then do it. It's not cheating.

Why? What's the difference? If you load the game with the Brazillian players you will end up signing him anyway, but you'll just have a bunhc of other brazil players that you don't want in the game.

It's your game. Play it whatever way you want. There's virtually no difference in signing him using a pre-editor or loading all the players. The only difference is that you don't all the players loaded from brazil. And that's what you want.

If that's the way you want the game to start for you then do it. It's not cheating.

Was thinking pretty much the same thing. The only aspect of cheating in the above is that it negates the chance of another team bidding for him.

But it's so minor a cheat as to be trivial. The alternative is to run every player from Brazil in your save, slowing down your entire game the longer you play it.

In the same boat... I'd probably "cheat" as my PC wouldn't appreciate the extra few thousand players in the database.

i'd say its cheating, but u may aswell load all players from brazil, u may end up getting a few nice players from there as the game progresses and see that loading brazil was worth it ;)

and ofc, its ur game, play it how u want it :)

(typenamehere totally stole my entire post and makes me feel like a fool :()

Archived