is there not an acknowledged bug thread??

I second this! Come on SI - you've gone all quiet on us. I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for one of you to just post a 'here's what we're looking at' thread thereby reducing the number of similiar threads all on the same bugs/issues.

I second this! Come on SI - you've gone all quiet on us. I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for one of you to just post a 'here's what we're looking at' thread thereby reducing the number of similiar threads all on the same bugs/issues.

they haven't gone quiet on anyone. I like the idea in the OP but people have to stop insisting a response from SI on every bug when they're posting in GD and not in the bugs forum.

I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for one of you to just post a 'here's what we're looking at' thread thereby reducing the number of similiar threads all on the same bugs/issues.

I imagine there are a lot of acknowledged bugs, maintaining the post may not be that difficult but it would probably waste a fair bit of time creating it. I don't see why we need to know what they're working on anyway.

All it would be is something for posters to abuse SI over.

I imagine there are a lot of acknowledged bugs, maintaining the post may not be that difficult but it would probably waste a fair bit of time creating it. I don't see why we need to know what they're working on anyway.

All it would be is something for posters to abuse SI over.

Making a sticky with commenting access only for the mods/SI guys is possible right? That would keep that thread clean, sort of a announcement board for SI, and also prevent posters from abusing them. As regards to posters abusing them by opening up new threads...that is not a new thing is it?

Making a sticky with commenting access only for the mods/SI guys is possible right? That would keep that thread clean, sort of a announcement board for SI, and also prevent posters from abusing them. As regards to posters abusing them by opening up new threads...that is not a new thing is it?

It would also prevent users from posting about the same issues over and over again.

It would also prevent users from posting about the same issues over and over again.

I disagree. People tend to rant when frustrated about issues whether they know it's a known issue or not.

Making a sticky with commenting access only for the mods/SI guys is possible right?

The thread would be closed but people would still use it to rant about SI/SEGA.

I disagree. People tend to rant when frustrated about issues whether they know it's a known issue or not.

The thread would be closed but people would still use it to rant about SI/SEGA.

Like they're doing now? After game and patch releases?

The rants will come no matter what. Maybe it could help having a closed "acknowledged bug" thread.

That depends on what is, and is not, deemed to be a bug.

Unfortunately a bug in the eyes of most people on here is anything that occurs that didn't go their way.

As such, there would then be thread after thread on why the perceived bug, or 'known issue' (as is the current way of trying to lend weight to the perceived bug) has not yet been acknowledged in said thread.

Back to square one.

Which is kind of good, because it puts certain aspects under discussion. Things that haven't been thought of too much.

I know what you mean, and i agree. Apart from it's back to sqaure one.

I see it as a possibility to focus on other areas that haven't been discussed too much.

I don't have any specific area in mind, but just as a general thing.

Maybe they are too busy working on the patch than to read threads and keep replying.

If you hadn't noticed the only 'factual' posts come from people like Miles, and people like Miles are very, very busy.

No news is good news as far as I'm concerned.

Archived