If I could only say I'm sorry :(

I fined my best player 1 weeks wages after a second red. He wasn't happy and my best striker was also annoyed. For two months neither of their moods improved.

I checked the player interaction regularly over two months but all the options were basicly I was right you were wrong now shut up which is not great when trying to mend fences. Eventualy I told the fined player to stop acting unprofessionally. Next he requests a transfer and is refusing to talk.

This could have been solved quikly if i was able to say I was wrong. Instead I'm going to lose my best player.

P.S what is the best policy with red cards. I give a warning after 1 then fine 1 week after 2.

It's a tricky one to choose, however

P.S what is the best policy with red cards. I give a warning after 1 then fine 1 week after 2.

I tend to go this route. First time, I just turn a blind eye and ignore it, unless it was a vicious foul. They do it again so soon after last time, this going to be a warning, if there was quite a gap then I ignore it again. Should they continue and get another red card It's another warning. If it's a 3rd they get hit with a one week fine.

However it can also depend on the scenario, if they are one of your best players, you like them and they don't want to leave, as you don't expect to be selling them, then I would be going for the gently, gently approach.

If they want to leave, or I don't like them, then I don't do any of the above ignores. I will be harsher.

I don't believe there is perfect no lose scenario, you can't win them all, just at times take other factors into consideration. That's what I do.

/Awaitings sods law. Post this works for me on a forum for it to back fire in game.

/Touches wood.

Yes we do need a "Sorry" or a "Im sorry about the decision, you will be refunded your wages" or "im sorry, i made the wrong decision" etc etc

If you fine him why will you ask for forgiveness?Don't forget you are the manager and you need to apologise to no one....

I accidentally demoted a player down to the reserve team and he became upset. I then went into discussion with him, hoping I could explain that he was back on the active team in good standing. But all of the options available were argumentative and just made the situation worse. So, it's a different situation, but I strongly agree that an "I'm sorry" would be a nice option in discussions.

I tend to give a warning for 1, one weeks fine for a second within the same season and 2 weeks fine for every other one they get after that for the rest of the season. Sometimes Im not as lenient though and give them a one weeks fine for one if they are experienced or if it was a bad foul and a 2 week for every other one after it. I reset everyone at the start of a new season

to solve all player unhappiness problem fine them... if the player who got fined gets unhappy, speak to him.. tell him u are the manger and u think he deserves to be fined (3rd option).. he will say he is sorry for wasting ur time most of the time, and back out of the argument..

i've figured it out and now i fine every player for poor performance and sending off 2 weeks.. not had any player alienated anymore..

I fined my best player 1 weeks wages after a second red. He wasn't happy and my best striker was also annoyed. For two months neither of their moods improved.

I checked the player interaction regularly over two months but all the options were basicly I was right you were wrong now shut up which is not great when trying to mend fences. Eventualy I told the fined player to stop acting unprofessionally. Next he requests a transfer and is refusing to talk.

This could have been solved quikly if i was able to say I was wrong. Instead I'm going to lose my best player.

your the boss don't let player power take over don't be a soft touch wanting to tell him sorry.

also maybe it was a fair tackle and thats why hes angry he got fined

If you fine him why will you ask for forgiveness?Don't forget you are the manager and you need to apologise to no one....

While in theory, I agree with that statement. The "reality" in FM11 is not reflected in that way. Player chats are seriously flawed in my opinion. In fact, I avoid them like the plague. Its a great concept and something I'd wished for. But it has been poorly implemented and structured.

I hope it is rectified in a future patch. But aside from this and the "set piece creator", which is also flawed, I love the game.

My understanding was, (After viewing and re-reading press releases) that there would be the ability to apologise or improve relationships with a player. So if a player is unhappy then you can talk and discuss things to get them to understand and/or both agree a way forward.

I See none of this and am bitterly disappointed that SI seemed to have lied to us. If a player becomes Unhappy, there isnt a lot you can do about it and they had said that there would be.

You're not wrong - players overreact like drama queens (look in the bugs forum). Well, maybe you were wrong, but most players are not going to ask for a transfer because you fined them 1 week's wages in real-life. Balotelli apologised after Mourinho fined him several weeks' worth of wages for being an idiot!

definitely an issue here. i fined a player 1 weeks wages for getting sent off (ass man said it was a bad one) and he went into a hissy fit.

i told him i make the rules, he says he cant let this drop, i tell him if he has a problem i'd list him, he says maybe its best if i left the club then leaves the meeting. i list him. a few weeks later he is unhappy, so i call a meeting where he states i am forcing him out against his will and that he has made his teammates aware. at this point with no option to try and resolve things amicably (sp?) i suggest we talk at a later date.i remove him from the list after this.

next month he goes to the press repeating that i am forcing him out against his will so i call another meeting.

he repeats the comment that he made to the press about being forced out, yet i have taken him off the list and have started playing him again. clearly not forcing him out any more.

at some point i should be able to say i don't want him to leave and that he still has a future

I am the manager, I can say whatever I want. If I want to say sorry, I should be able to no matter how much of a sissy it will make me look.

then why fine him in the first place if hes going to cry about it and you become a soft touch. you manage the team you need to lead with a rod of iron if you say sorry to him the players will hate it.

The point is I had a situation very similar to underwater sunlight. My first game I started was Wycombe where I was given a wage budget of £18,000 and a wage bill of £21,000 so I needed to sell some players clearly. I sat down with the top earners at the club who I deemed surplus said Im going to be transfer listing you because the money is tight at the club and every single one of them said are you trying to make the situation worse, it's impossible for any player to accept a contract at a lower level pay than what they are currently on. This is also unrealistic as in my situation with wycombe I would of liked to have said look the clubs in trouble could go under unless you take a 15% pay cut across the board.

My hands were tied as a manager in this situation, I couldnt sell any of the players as they had apparently recently been signed. The board were on my back because the wage bill was so bad, the players were on my back because none of them wanted to leave. I played a defender who I had transfer listed whos morale was very very low and he gave away 3 penalties in 2 games, coincidence?

When they all started talking to the press about being forced out I wanted to say its all down to money, look at the portsmouth position, none of the players were complaining about being sold or taking cuts or not being paid etc, none of them spoke out about the club or the manager because they knew the problem was bigger than that, I just wish that the players had that level of intelligence in this game.

Archived