Possible Bug in Serie A

Perhaps Palermo had already signed some non EU player before you became manager.

I'm in 2nd season, i've looked at transfers for this season and they didn't have a future transfer set at start of game for 2nd season the list was blank thats why i think this is a bug.

And this is really effecting my game as i don't have much money and this guy i can get for 2m.

Since the 2008-09 season, 3 quotas have been awarded to clubs that do not have non-EU players in their squad; Clubs that have one non-EU player have 2 quotas.

Those clubs that have 2 non-EU players, are awarded 1 quota and 1 conditional quota, which is awarded after: 1) Transferred 1 non-EU player abroad, or 2) Release 1 non-EU player as free agent, or 3) A non-EU player received EU nationality.

Clubs with 3 or more non-EU players, have 2 conditional quotas, but releasing two non-EU players as free agent, will only have 1 quota instead of 2.[25] Serie B and Lega Pro clubs cannot sign non-EU player from abroad, except those followed the club promoted from Serie D.

Big clubs with many foreigners, usually borrow quotas from other clubs that have few foreigners or no foreigners, in order to sign more non-EU players. Adrian Mutu joined Juventus via Livorno in 2005, at that time Romania was not a member of EU. Other case likes Júlio César, Victor Obinna and Maxwell whom joined Internazionale from Chievo (first two) and Empoli respectively.

On 2 July 2010, the quota reduced back to 1 and received the quota only after transferred a non-EU player to abroad or released a player as free agent.

The above is from Serie A's wiki page. So I am guessing you might have 3 or more existing non-EU players in your squad right now and hence cannot gain access to that quota.

I do find the quota thing a little funny though, as I checked out Palermo's real life summer transfer activity. They had signed 3 South American players (Ezequiel Munoz, Santiago Garcia, Joao Pedro) from South American clubs and none of them have EU passports. How was it possible for all 3 of them to be signed then, since Palermo already had 2 non-EU players on their books in Javier Pastore and Abel Hernandez and thus should only have access to a quota of 1 non-EU player signing? Can someone more familiar with the intricacies of Serie A please enlighten me on this? Cheers!

On 2 July 2010, the quota reduced back to 1 and received the quota only after transferred a non-EU player to abroad or released a player as free agent

This here would say that from the start of the 2011/12 season the clubs only are able to sign an EU player if they release one or transfer one out of Italy. (I say start of 2011/12 as in the Serie A's website it has a news story about clubs protesting the changes of the rules in the middle of a transfer window), so i would be assuming here, but I believe you have to sell or release a Non-EU player to be able to buy a new one.

Also possibly see this - If you signed one in January you won't be able to again until January?

This here would say that from the start of the 2011/12 season the clubs only are able to sign an EU player if they release one or transfer one out of Italy. (I say start of 2011/12 as in the Serie A's website it has a news story about clubs protesting the changes of the rules in the middle of a transfer window), so i would be assuming here, but I believe you have to sell or release a Non-EU player to be able to buy a new one.

Ah, I had originally thought that was with regards to clubs that had 3 or more non-EU players in their squad. So instead, it is a blanket rule to all clubs starting from 2011/2012?

But again how can the current Palermo's summer transfer activity be explained? They have 2 non-EU players and had not released any non-EU players (they did release Fábio Simplício and Mark Bresciano but both have Italian passports), so according to the old transfer quota rules, they should only be entitled to 1 quota and 1 conditional quota? That did not prevent them from directly signing 3 non-EU players though, which I find really odd.

Ah, I had originally thought that was with regards to clubs that had 3 or more non-EU players in their squad. So instead, it is a blanket rule to all clubs starting from 2011/2012?

But again how can the current Palermo's summer transfer activity be explained? They have 2 non-EU players and had not released any non-EU players (they did release Fábio Simplício and Mark Bresciano but both have Italian passports), so according to the old transfer quota rules, they should only be entitled to 1 quota and 1 conditional quota? That did not prevent them from directly signing 3 non-EU players though, which I find really odd.

I agree that I find it odd as well, not really sure, and I am just interpreting from what I can see so far. It appears to be a blanket rule, I am interested as well because I am currently playing in the Serie C2/A and am hoping to get to the Serie A so would like to know how to get non-EU players in.

I'm pretty certain Munoz has a Spanish passport, and it's likely Santiago Garcia does too. Italian clubs have never found it taxing to get around the non-EU rules, especially with Argentinians.

If this were to be the case, then the Palermo/Boca Jr/Rosario Central researchers have missed out on it as they do not hold EU passports within the game. I guess it certainly is the most logical explanation though.

Hope it can be useful

MUNOZ: TESSERATO DA COMUNITARIO

Il Palermo ha tergiversato prima di ufficializzare il tesseramento di Ezequiel Muñoz perché attendeva che il ragazzo ottenesse il passaporto comunitario. E così è stato. La conferma, ai microfoni di Stadionews, è arrivata dal direttore sportivo rosanero, Walter Sabatini: "Sì, Muñoz è comunitario".

A questo punto, dunque, potrebbero riaprirsi altre trattative, prima fra tutte quella con il Goias per Toloi. Il centrale brasiliano starebbe incontrando delle difficoltà per ottenere il passaporto italiano entro la fine di agosto.

stadionews.it

Walter Sabatini said "Yes, Munoz is EU"

• SI Staff
I'm playing as Palermo and want to sign a 18 yr old Brazilian but the deal just got cancelled because i'm not allowed to sign more than one non EU but the thing is I haven't signed anyone yet.

So why is it not letting me sign him?

Do you still have a save game from before the transfer was cancelled?

If so would you mind uploading it onto our FTP and we will have a look into it. Thanks.

Hope it can be useful

MUNOZ: TESSERATO DA COMUNITARIO

Il Palermo ha tergiversato prima di ufficializzare il tesseramento di Ezequiel Muñoz perché attendeva che il ragazzo ottenesse il passaporto comunitario. E così è stato. La conferma, ai microfoni di Stadionews, è arrivata dal direttore sportivo rosanero, Walter Sabatini: "Sì, Muñoz è comunitario".

A questo punto, dunque, potrebbero riaprirsi altre trattative, prima fra tutte quella con il Goias per Toloi. Il centrale brasiliano starebbe incontrando delle difficoltà per ottenere il passaporto italiano entro la fine di agosto.

stadionews.it

Walter Sabatini said "Yes, Munoz is EU"

Cheers for finding this info for those of us non-Italian speakers! I wonder if this has been raised in the Palermo data thread before?

Cheers for finding this info for those of us non-Italian speakers! I wonder if this has been raised in the Palermo data thread before?

checked again, another source

PALERMO - Ezequiel Matias Munoz è a tutti gli effetti un giocatore del Palermo. Il club rosanero ha comunicato di aver concluso l'acquisto del 20enne difensore argentino, con passaporto comunitario, dal Boca Juniors. Munoz arriva al Palermo a titolo definitivo, firmando un contratto quinquennale.

news is dated 04/08/2010 - 20:41, so august

If you sign a non eu coming from abroad in the january transfer window you should be able to buy another one in the next summer transfer window (the limit is one per regular season).

Thanks for raising this issue, I will do some check.

Italian Tester.

If you sign a non eu coming from abroad in the january transfer window you should be able to buy another one in the next summer transfer window (the limit is one per regular season).

Thanks for raising this issue, I will do some check.

Italian Tester.

I thought this was the case but someone above said that theres new rules.

New rule was about the change from 1 not eu coming from abroad + another one if you sell 1 but the rule was changed.

Now you can only buy one per season.

You are right in the fact that if you use your slot in the winter transfer window you should be able to use the next year slot directly in the summer transfer window.

• 2 weeks later...

No because

- per Season: I can buy one in January and one in summer

- per Year: I can buy only one in January or in summer.

example: I buy one in January 2011 (season 10/11), but in August 2011 the game don't let me buy (and that transfer period refers to season 11/12!) ;)

Archived