Scottish leagues Who do you choose!!??

I always pick rangers cause im a die hard fan but then i realised hey why not go hearts hibs Ect and try make the scottish league have a The big 3 but lol rangers are having a bad string of preformences and are slipping so really its gonnaa be me and celtic lmao in 10 yrs time

I always pick rangers cause im a die hard fan but then i realised hey why not go hearts hibs Ect and try make the scottish league have a The big 3 but lol rangers are having a bad string of preformences and are slipping so really its gonnaa be me and celtic lmao in 10 yrs time

Rangers have always fallen away in my Scottish games in previous versions. Celtic have always been a thorn in my side except at Ross County in CM03/04 where Falkirk became our biggest challengers for a few years before they got relegated. Rangers then got relegated too whilst Celtic dossed in mid-table mediocrity.

Something wrong with the research/implementation or something though at Rangers because they just always seem to fall away and in real life both they and Celtic go through cycles of one or other being dominant, but I don't see either dropping consistently (or even at all) below other SPL teams in the foreseeable future.

Personally Kilmarnock have always been my favourite SPL starting team despite Hibs being the team I have always supported in Scotland. I've won the SPL with Rangers, Dundee United, Ross County, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and almost Ayr United and maybe one or two others I have forgotten, but me and Hibs just don't mix in-game, I've never managed to win the title with them except one game where I had used the epre-game editor so it didn't count.

Being a Celtic fan, I start every new game with them while I get to grips with the game, before turning my hand at some career games.

In my current career game I find the Old Firm very inconsistent, Celtic have won more than Rangers, but have never won more than 2 in a row. Hearts have won the league twice, and in my 10 years in my current save, Rangers havn't won the Scottish Cup or the League Cup, Celtic have had relative success but there have been won by Inverness ect.

Last season Rangers finished 5th, with Celtic winnignt the league, but the season before they were second behind Hearts while Celtic finished 7th (I may have been managing in Ireland, but it was still a painful season)

So all in all I find Scotland to be pretty even between the Old Firm, the two Edinburgh sides, Aberdeen, and Dundee Utd, but I've seen high finsihes for Gretna, St. Mirren and Kilmarnock.

Old Firm still seem to just about edge it but, I'm still waiting for a season where neither make the C.League

Yeah rangers have a bad tendecy to fall sadly i won the uefa cup one time with them in the year 2015 but wasnt much to do after that ... =[ I hate managing in the spanish leagues for some reason i like the EPL SPL only places i manage for some weird reason

I normally have Dundee as my career game because thats where I'm from. This time though I thought I would try something different. I plan to go on holiday for 10 years icon_eek.gif and then pick them to see if its easier or harder than starting with them in 2007. Should be a challenge because most of the well known real life players that we all know will have hung up their boots by then.

I'm in 2019 in my current save.

Neither Rangers or Celtic have won the league in 4 years. In the past 2 season rangers have finished 7th and 11th - Joint bottom with Gretna and only stayed up on goal difference. I'm tempted to take them over and save them, but they did reject me a few years ago in the save...

I start with Aberdeen, because I support them.

I've not found either Rangers or Celtic tailing off - sometimes one or the other a bit, but never both. The deadlock has been broken occasionally, but usually only for the one season at a time. (except for the last eight years, when I went on a bit of a stormer icon_smile.gif)

That full list of SPL winners in full

2005-2071

Celtic 31

Rangers 21

Aberdeen 12 (9 with me as manager)

Falkirk 1

Clyde 1

Hibs 1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

I start with Aberdeen, because I support them.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at game tonight to watch Rangers lose the title?

Being a Rangers fan, i only choose them sometimes, and yes, they do seem to fall away.

In the past i have chosen ST. MIrren, Gretna, Motherwell.

More recently, i have chosen Hibernian ( My Career game for The Career Thread ). It went prety well, finished 3rd in my first season and was offered the Nigeria job.

Guest jamie_more23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Premiership:

Ie never managed in scotland but if i was to then i would pick Ross County my favourite scottish team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said, i support them too. They always win the 2nd division in FM08.

Guest Ben17

Albion Rovers.

I took them to Europe in 07, at the moment in 08 I'm trying to get them out of the Second division.

Being a hibs fan its usually hibs. However if I play with my friend who is a celtic fan we usually play an old firm game where I am the ****. At minute i am doing a stranraer game where i have got them from third division to first so far although i have kept them up in first division currently the game is doing its you will not win no matter how well you play thing with countless draws and player mistakes for my team.

Archived