In FM11 do you think players might complain...

if you don't play them in their preferred position, or give them their preferred squad number? Taking it one stage further, maybe some players who had been unhappy with their role at their previous club might insist on only signing for a team that promises to play them in their preferred position or guarantee them their preferred shirt number.

Not long to wait to find out, but I am really hoping for some big improvements!

if you don't play them in their preferred position, or give them their preferred squad number? Taking it one stage further, maybe some players who had been unhappy with their role at their previous club might insist on only signing for a team that promises to play them in their preferred position or guarantee them their preferred shirt number.

Not long to wait to find out, but I am really hoping for some big improvements!

It's already announced that in FM11 if you don't give the player his preferred number he might be unhappy.

It's already announced that in FM11 if you don't give the player his preferred number he might be unhappy.

I hope this won't affect international squad registration too much, if 2 players prefer shirt 7 and I only obviously have 1 choice for shirt 7, hope one of them doesn't get mad at you.

I hope this won't affect international squad registration too much, if 2 players prefer shirt 7 and I only obviously have 1 choice for shirt 7, hope one of them doesn't get mad at you.

I agree and I hope for that too. :thup:

I would like to see players unhappy at being played out of position not to sure about the number one though. Does this ever happen irl?

I heard a couple of years ago that a player from Spain I think it was joined West Ham, he wanted the number 10 shirt but someone already had it, then he started complaining and was really annoyed. I have heard that story but it could just be made up. So if the story is true yes it does happen irl.

Its makes sense if a player is unhappy if played out of postion and this happens in irl.. Sometimes preferred number not given can make a player unhappy for a short while but it shouldn't be a serious factor. I think it will be super ridiculous if a player handing transfer request if not given the prefered number. Hopefully we dun see that situation in FM

A player complaining about not playing in his natural position is already in the game. Happened to me when I had an injury crisis at left back, I noticed Adriano had some ability there so used him for 1 game at left back. After the game he moaned to the press that ha wanted to be played up front and had "wants to play as a striker" in his profile for ages.

A player complaining about not playing in his natural position is already in the game. Happened to me when I had an injury crisis at left back, I noticed Adriano had some ability there so used him for 1 game at left back. After the game he moaned to the press that ha wanted to be played up front and had "wants to play as a striker" in his profile for ages.

really? i've never seen this one.

and Raul what has said? he wanted to leave?

Raul said something about being unhappy at being played out of position.

As I had 3 defenders, he continued at LB

His status was "considering his options", Short term concern "Unhappy at being played out of position", Long term "manager doesn't listen"

:p

Raul said something about being unhappy at being played out of position.

As I had 3 defenders, he continued at LB

His status was "considering his options", Short term concern "Unhappy at being played out of position", Long term "manager doesn't listen"

:p

GREAT! this one is fantastic!!!

Real world story, but relevant.

Back in the 90s Ivan Zamorano, ex Inter striker was their #9. When Inter signed Ronaldo (R9) it was inevitable that Zamorano would have to give up his jersey. He was NOT happy about it at all and chose the number 18, 2 times 9, not a problem thought the Inter hierarchy.

He then proceeded to insert a + in between the 1 and the 8 so it looked like a maths equation.

Its all on the internet if you do a quick search.

Slightly off topic I guess, but I would really like them to sort out keepers state of mind. It's quite frustrating to sign a keeper as ' backup for the first team ' only for him to be complaining about the lack of first team action 6-8 months later. It's not like I don't play him either, all league cup games, the odd champions league game against the lesser teams and the odd game in the league....which for me is a lot more than a backup keeper would actually play in real life. It would be nice to be able to sign a solid number 2 that won't complain 6 months later after hes agreed to join my club as backup for my first choice keeper!

The only time I have had a player complain about being played out of position was Carlos Vela when I played him AMR (inside forward) for a couple of months due to injuries.

Archived