Incredible this guy has two stadiums named after him

Considering that he played 250 games for Juve IRL it isn't a huge shock but I do find it odd that he has two stadiums named after him. Maybe a bug or maybe he was a great manager for Real Madrid. How many seasons did he manage Real Madrid?

Anyone in the modern game lasting more than one season at Real Madrid deserves honours of some description ;)

Ferrara was a very good defensive player in his day though, so is quite rightly a "legend" with Juventus. Clearly he did well at Real Madrid too, so although very uncommon, it's amusing to see the two stadiums named after him.

The only thing I would really pull up with this though, is the likelyhood of teams like Real Madrid or Barcelona, actually moving stadiums, especially for what's not a great increase in capacity. There's no doubt that Real Madrid especially, would probably get whatever planning permission they wanted to expand, in reality.

Still, Ciro Ferrara beats my club's new stadium being named after an obscure but "legendary" fitness coach, even after me having guided the club to it's first ever trophies. I guess I'll have to stick with them for a while longer. ;)

Anyone else find it annoying that both stadiums are called "Ferrara Park" when there aren't any stadiums that I ever heard of in Italy or Spain which is called "[enter name] Park". It should be Estadio or Stadio instead.

I was about to say the same.

Needs work, this stadium malarky. Not everybody speaks English. :D

Archived