flaw in the transfer market.

I don’t know if this has been found, or used and abused, but I think I just a flaw in transfers. If a player you want to sell has no international caps, you can pretty much get whatever you want for him (up to $40M). eg, Bolton just bought a rather average regen off me for $7.5M, when he was valued at 675K.

All you have to do is offer a player out for $0, and get some offers for him, then change the big to $xxM after 1 international appearance. The other team will almost certainly accept it, and now you have unloaded a crap player. Now the only backfire possible with this is that your player isn’t good enough to make it into the International squad, but that’s the price you pay.

I will NOT be using this, as I see it as an exploit, but there you go ;D

I wouldn't say this is really a flaw, unless teams are paying over the odds for players who are highly likely to get capped.

Clubs are also quite keen to pay fees based on goals/appearances, again though, you run the risk of not actually getting the clause to pay out.

Yeah, might not be a flaw, but I just tested it and got a $40M bid accepted for a 24 year old regen who’s on the fringes of the England squad. He’s not good enough to be a first team player, but if he gets that appearance as a sub, I would be $40M up. And I also tested it with Millwall, in League 2. :/

Yeah, might not be a flaw, but I just tested it and got a $40M bid accepted for a 24 year old regen who’s on the fringes of the England squad. He’s not good enough to be a first team player, but if he gets that appearance as a sub, I would be $40M up. And I also tested it with Millwall, in League 2. :/

Maybe it can be exploited then as that does sound a bit extreme.

Never mind though, as long as it is something we can avoid by not exploiting it then it isn't really a problem.

Maybe it can be exploited then as that does sound a bit extreme.

Never mind though, as long as it is something we can avoid by not exploiting it then it isn't really a problem.

Just putting it out there. ;D

Now the only backfire possible with this is that your player isn’t good enough to make it into the International squad

If you arrange a transfer in this way and want in make sure that you get the extra money for his first cap then the fix is easy. Just add a new manager and then pick him for his international squad yourself!

If you arrange a transfer in this way and want in make sure that you get the extra money for his first cap then the fix is easy. Just add a new manager and then pick him for his international squad yourself!

But then that’s cheating ;). But yes, that’s a way aha.

I have to admit, I have really taken advantage of this before when I was playing a save game where I had decided to be a complete bastard.

I was managing Belgium and signed 15 really promising youngsters who were all Belgian. I kept them all for a year and then flogged every single one of them to Liverpool (I kept on offering them out till Liverpool put in a bid for each one of them) and then negotiated every single offer to £0 upfront but £40m after 1 international appearance.

You can guess how many of them were in the Belgian team for my next friendly. All 15 made their international debuts. £600m being paid out by Liverpool to me because of 1 international. Liverpool went bankrupt and then plumeted down the divisions before finally stopping the rot in League 2.

Just thought i would test it with Hearts. Sold Elliot, valued at 275k, to Hull for 7.5m. Tried to sell Driver, valued at 1.5m, to Celtic for 20m. They accepted but couldnt afford the fee.

It works, but for those out there that want to cheat just use FMRTE.

I didn't exploit flaws in the game to achieve that. :(

Damn my brilliance.

Chuck Norris is brilliant, he wouldn’t use the corner exploit either ;).

I’ve heard so much about your thread, care to link me to it?

And cheers bearsy2 for checking, it does work, just not for me :D.

Another one is the ease to negotiate a 'Receive 50% of next transfer fee' into most deals. A great example of this in my game was when I sold a striker for £21m with the 50% next fee clause. 2 years later he was sold on for £35m so I got another £17.5m. I've since stopped doing this as it felt dirty!

I have to admit, I have really taken advantage of this before when I was playing a save game where I had decided to be a complete bastard.

I was managing Belgium and signed 15 really promising youngsters who were all Belgian. I kept them all for a year and then flogged every single one of them to Liverpool (I kept on offering them out till Liverpool put in a bid for each one of them) and then negotiated every single offer to £0 upfront but £40m after 1 international appearance.

You can guess how many of them were in the Belgian team for my next friendly. All 15 made their international debuts. £600m being paid out by Liverpool to me because of 1 international. Liverpool went bankrupt and then plumeted down the divisions before finally stopping the rot in League 2.

I LOL'd at this :D

Hmm, looks like we have another "stupid clause exploit" after the glorious "10M after 1 appearence" they fixed in 10.3...

This one is a bit more difficult to exploit... Usually the players you want to sell are either too bad to ever be national team material, or are aging ones who have already had their international debut...

Does it work for Senior National team caps, or if a player has been capped at youth level he's already considered as capped?

Archived