Defender hat-tricks

All from corners, although, I don't believe that I have the corner tactic as the ball is played into the box and in that said tactic it's normally the person who lurks who scores.

Just looked, he's only 6 goals this season.

A Regen i bought for my Hyde United team from Man United Scored a headed hat trick for me on his Debut, in a 3-3 draw against shrewsbury he's only 16/17 if i remember rightly, thats using Mr Hough's 4-3-3 so it dwasn't because of the corner bug as far as im aware!

4 goals in one game is a record for me. All from standing on far post on corners. He averages 20 goals per season for me but his jumping/heading/strength etc attributes are exceptional for the level I'm playing at so the fact that he signed for my team is probably more unrealistic that the amount of goals he scores.

Defenders scoring back post headers has nothing to do with the "corner-bug". If you have an amazing tall defender he might score 20+ a season. If you use the real corner bug with someone like Rooney or Forlan outside the box you can get 90+ goals a season. You can't even begin to compare the two. Here's Rooneys stats after 38 matches in a save I tried it. It really takes the fun out of the game. :p

That said I think it's to easy to score back post headers as well if you have a great corner taker and a really tall defender who's good at heading the ball. Especially when you play against weaker teams. It's extremely rare to see a central defender at 20+ goals in a season in real life at least.

Archived