Was it worth it? Big changes in 2011?

Hello, player of Football Manager 2009 here...never invested in 2010, thought I would wait until 2011 until I change again.

Just a quick question, is there any different from 2010 to 2009? I mean, things that help, or you see as an improvement? Not news skins etc and the obvious of players history being updated and skills etc.

I just want to know if there is anything that I really missed out on that was worth the £34.99 price tag? And will it be the same for the 2011 release?

I see alot of forums where people state what should be in the next version but is it always taken on board and put into practice?

Just interesting to know of any major changes, before I go and buy 2011 and just waste my time and money.

Cheers

I wouldn't say its a waste of money to buy 2010 at all... or even buying 2011. If your a fan of football and the FM series then it would only seem normal to buy the next instalment of the game to keep up to date with footballs new rules, transfers etc that come with the game. For me, the FM series has only got back every year and I plan to buy each game when they come out. A £34.99 price tag is not a great deal, compared with the amount of hours of fun that I have gotten out of the game.

FM 2010 is much better than all before.

You wouldn't need to waste money on FM2011 as SI will announce all features way before release and then release a demo about a month before the game is out so you can try that for free before buying.

There was a demo for FM2010 also so you could try that and see for yourself how much better than 09 it is.

i know 2 weeks ago, fm10 was on offer in hmv at £12. so even the current game is now not expensive. i bought mine on the day of release for £30 from memory. but i dread to think how many days/maybe weeks? of my life i have wasted inside the last year playing the game. certainly if i divide £30 by hours played then i have got a total bargain.

i cant compare to fm09 though as i didnt play that much. there is bad points with the game like the press conferences always ask the same few questions and if you send assistant, he says something to completely upset your squad!

• Administrators

To be fair on release day you can often find it cheaper than the RRP, it's just a case of keeping an eye out. Also normally pre-orders take money off the overall cost. And consider the amount of time you can put into FM, personally I'd say it would be worth the money whether I worked for SI or not.

I would buy FM each year regardless if there were no new features. I would just get it so all the leagues, transfers and stats were updated and I'd still find each game hugely fun.

with FM10 you never need to buy an FM game again. cos of the customizable databases now, people can pretty easily implememnt the changes that happen from season to season, into their game, or download one that someone else has made, without having to buy a whole new game

FM10 playing time: 23 days 11 hours.

Well worth the price it was on release from Steam.

FM09 playing time: 30 days 8 hours.

Again well worth the price i paid for it on Steam.

FM10 had a lot of features nicely polished, could still do with some tweaking with regards to press conferences, team talks etc... but it definately seems more playable/enjoyable to me than 09 was, (the reason i played a lot more of 09 was thanks to a network game i was in that when on for something like 10 seasons over several months).

Ok, from all of your commets, it seems worth the money, and from playing FM2009, I would not disagree.

Just wondered how the game has changed and is it better?

As for the Demo, does anyone know when one will be available? I am sure this has been asked a thousand times already!

Archived