Do different Nations produce different styles of players?

Just wondering, having not studied regen patterns in-depth, whether Nations produce players suited to certain roles? Or if this is done in anyway through how the teams coach and the style they play and all regens are random?

For example, are England producing taller players, Spain more technical, etc.

If this is not already in the game, it should be as some countries are known for certain qualities to be found in players. The obvious examples would be the flair of many (not all) Brazilians, the technical expertise of the Argentinians and the Spanish, the passing (except in today's WC) of the Dutch, the aerial superiority of the Germans, the strength of the English (and the Americans, yes, I said it...) and so on...

Certain positions and types of players should be more prevalent in some countries, less so in others. There should be a dearth - or complete absence - of deep lying midfielders/playmakers from the UK for example, and lots of 'the new Maradona' coming from Argentina...and so on...

Don't get the DLP absence in England - Barry and Carrick are prime examples. I think it's just at certain times a country may lack a position or two - I recall a while back there was an urgent need for a left sided midfielder in England.

Only problem I have with this is rigidity of national teams in the long run. Would be extremely boring if they produced the same kind of players forever

The teams definitely aren't rigid, and besides, how many generations do you plan on see coming through? Most people are lucky to see an entire new generation, so unless you are the kind of person who makes it to 2100 in every single save I'm not quite sure what you are complaining about.

Ha! Barry is not a deep lying midfielder, he's a decent ball winning midfielder at best, and yeah ok I'll give you Carrick but that's it - and he's not trusted at the highest level apparently. Britain doesn't produce deep lying midfielders the way the rest of Europe/the world does.

How many kids in the UK grow up playing as a deep lying midfielder? None I bet. Why have England's 2 foreign coaches resorted to 4-4-2? It's because there's not the players to play the modern tactical systems, partly of course because they're not as tactically sophisticated as their foreign cousins. What formation did pretty much all of the last 8 play at the WC? 4-2-3-1.

The English/British players may certainly compliment the best teams in the English leagues, but only because players have had to be brought in from abroad to fill the other gaps.

And Paul Scholes has only been a 'playmaker' since his legs went, so he doesn't count!

The teams definitely aren't rigid, and besides, how many generations do you plan on see coming through? Most people are lucky to see an entire new generation, so unless you are the kind of person who makes it to 2100 in every single save I'm not quite sure what you are complaining about.

Sorry, let me clarify. I meant if that's how FM was as a hard rule, it would get stale and boring.

Ha! Barry is not a deep lying midfielder, he's a decent ball winning midfielder at best, and yeah ok I'll give you Carrick but that's it - and he's not trusted at the highest level apparently. Britain doesn't produce deep lying midfielders the way the rest of Europe/the world does.

How many kids in the UK grow up playing as a deep lying midfielder? None I bet. Why have England's 2 foreign coaches resorted to 4-4-2? It's because there's not the players to play the modern tactical systems, partly of course because they're not as tactically sophisticated as their foreign cousins. What formation did pretty much all of the last 8 play at the WC? 4-2-3-1.

The English/British players may certainly compliment the best teams in the English leagues, but only because players have had to be brought in from abroad to fill the other gaps.

And Paul Scholes has only been a 'playmaker' since his legs went, so he doesn't count!

what scholes has been 1 for years thats how he made his name as a xavi type player with more goals.

what scholes has been 1 for years thats how he made his name as a xavi type player with more goals.

Nah, he was an attacking midfielder with a slightly less box-to-box remit as Roy Keane. He's gradually morphed into a deep-lying playmaker as he's gotten older because of the physical issue I referred to earlier, and because of how United have amended their shape and their style of play

Archived