Tycoon takes over Lower League Club

That's what I do if I get a tycoon takeover. I generally only spend what I need anyway. The only advantage I get is that I'm now able to get players that expect higher wages, whereas before I wouldn't have. Other than that I spend exactly what I planned on, and spend further if required.

I had a consortium takeover as Bath City (BSP) in my second season. Even though I was doing great, there were rumours that the new boss would fire me. Luckily he didn't :)

It wasn't exactly a tycoon takeover, as they "only" injected 350K into the club, most of which I never see :) ... not that I mind.

If you don't mind using FMRTE, you could always remove the "tycoon" side of any new chairman

That way you wouldn't have to start again :)

But they are rare enough that you would be quite unlucky to get one anyway

I have superbladesman's extra divisions enabled. And a club at level 10 was taken over by a Tycoon. Chobham FC or something.

the day after they went professional and started buying players. Giving their signings big wages (for this level) at 2000+ Euro a week.

Now at the end of the season they have secured promotion by a big margin and are off for greater challenges.

Im actually interested in how good they will become, as Im on the same level myself at the moment. Im doing my promotions without extra cash though....

Could become a rivalry here :D

I like that it happened. Gives the game an extra dimension i think.

In FM09, IIRC, throughout dafuge's challenge, a fair few people got tycoon takeover's in League 1, League 2 and some as low as the Blue Square Premier. People had £100,000,000's to spend, when they highest valued players open to them, were in the tens of thousands :D

Glad to see this because it happens IRL too. The difference is that here in the States, it typically takes the form of a a tycoon giving a boatload of money to his collegiate alma mater (T. Boone Pickens giving $325 million to Oklahoma State University) or buying other sporting ventures (the Kansas billionaire Koch family winning the America's Cup and bringing the boat to the Wichita Boathouse).

When I was playing with Superbladesman's pack down to level 10 2 teams from below the BSS/BSN level got taken over by tycoons.

Atherton Collieries:

They were in level 9 of the english league ladder when they got taken over and are now in league 2 although their tycoon has now left.

League Positions

Atherton Collieries - Proof

Heather St Johns:

They were in level 10 of the english league ladder when they got taken over and are now in league 1 (screenshot is from a few seasons ago) and are still going strong, their tycoon is still around.

League Positions

HSJ - Proof

Archived