We know that "sons" exist, but has anyone else found a players brother? Or is this just a bug within the "son" system...

I noticed this earlier this week and wondered if anyone else had noticed it:

I'd signed a slovenian youth player, Mitja Lunder. He'd played for me for a year and was proving quite useful.

The following season i get the message about promoted youth and notice that the guy labeled as "one of the best of his generation" also has the surname "Lunder".

Upon closer inspection, both players have each other as their first most favoured personnel (straight away - it didn't develop over a month or so), both had the same city of birth, and Tadej Lunder (the youger one) "thinks Lunder is a talented player".

My scouting knowledge of slovenia was not especially great (i'd noticed mitja playing in a U21 game, rather than by scouting east europe) and is only 20% of a full bar, so it's not likely that my scouts picked him up randomly - although it is possible.

The most unusual piece of evidence:

Tadej lunder has only been with the club for a couple of months (it's august, he came through with the most recent youth) yet he has 400+ days completed towards a UK passport - the same amount as Mitja, who was signed over a year before - could the game be implying they came over at the same time?

So my questions are:

1/ Does anybody know how common a surname Lunder is? Obviously if it's a slovenian smith or jones then i can probably put this down as a coincidence.

2/ Has anybody else seen this? I've never seen this commented on here, however i haven't been around that long so maybe it was previously found pre 2007.

3/ Have SI ever suggested it is included in the game?

4/ Could this be a bug with the "son" feature? The older lunder is 19, whilst the younger is 16, so he quite clearly can't be his "son" so could this be a bug with this feature?

If this is a genuine feature then i must say i'm very pleased with its inclusion - it does have a real life precedent, and i've only seen it happen once in many many seasons on several different saves, so as with the "son" it appears to be a nice little easter egg type feature.

Lastly - Mitja lunder is 19 and my coaches say he has the potential to be a leading premiership striker, whilst Tadej lunder is also of the potential to be a leading premiership striker and is only 16 years old - so potentially the chelsea striking lineup of 2025 could be a pair of slovenian brothers! So if mitja did drag his brother into the UK then i must give him a bonus icon_biggrin.gif

NB: I can provide screenshots if they're needed, imageshack irritates me though so i avoid using it when possible lol.

I vaguely remember SI saying something about brothers. I'm not sure how my memory serves me, but I kind of remember somebody asking if you could get twins come through your youth academy, with a hint from somebody from SI suggesting that you could. If thats the case, I suppose brothers are possible.

Originally posted by isuckatfm:

icon14.gif to SI for the level of detail if it isn't some bizarre coincidence. But judging by your evidence it just being a coincidence seems unlikely.

On your question of commonality of Lunder according to this

http://www.stat.si/eng/imena_baza_priimki.asp?ime=&priimek=lunder&spol=

it is the 1606 most frequent.

Yes I am very sad to have looked that up icon_razz.gif

Even sadder to have posted it, tbh. icon_biggrin.gif

It's something I've always thought bout and considered to be possible and every season when my new youth boys come through I usually check out their last names and favored personnel to see if they match up and are potentially the brother of another player.

I think it's a fantastic inclusion to have if it is the case and based on your evidence I'd say it's definitely in there

Ive never had them come through my youth system but it has happened on a game of mine. Leyton Orient had a youth player from Kyrgystan come through their youth system then two years later another player from Kyrgystan came through their system both had the same surname, place of birth and had each other as favourite people.

Originally posted by isuckatfm:

icon14.gif to SI for the level of detail if it isn't some bizarre coincidence. But judging by your evidence it just being a coincidence seems unlikely.

On your question of commonality of Lunder according to this

http://www.stat.si/eng/imena_baza_priimki.asp?ime=&priimek=lunder&spol=

it is the 1606 most frequent.

Yes I am very sad to have looked that up icon_razz.gif

I'm quite impressed, i didn't even know the "statistical office of the republic of slovenia" existed lol.

Although...why is it in english? Surely slovenian (or whatever they speak) would be more appropriate?

Originally posted by Ched:

I'm quite impressed, i didn't even know the "statistical office of the republic of slovenia" existed lol.

Although...why is it in english? Surely slovenian (or whatever they speak) would be more appropriate?

The default page is of course in slovenian. A lot of agencies have an english page as well. Its not like we are a third world country icon_smile.gif

Archived