Where are FIFA/UEFA ?

How come they are not represented in the game? Surely won't be too hard to have the same structures full of legends like Platini, Bekenbauer etc..

We don't need them to do much although some nice realistic duties can be implemented. Like clubs addressing them to resolve a dispute or appeal against bans or whatnot. Would be also nice to see the legends there step down and other footballers taking their positions as the game progresses.

I guess introducing president bias would be out of question though can be fun.

I'm sure many of FIFA/UEFA's official duties can be implemented in game and even if SI don't have the license to use the actual names the system should be there as highest instance of power in football.

How come they are not represented in the game? Surely won't be too hard to have the same structures full of legends like Platini, Bekenbauer etc..

We don't need them to do much although some nice realistic duties can be implemented. Like clubs addressing them to resolve a dispute or appeal against bans or whatnot. Would be also nice to see the legends there step down and other footballers taking their positions as the game progresses.

I guess introducing president bias would be out of question though can be fun.

I'm sure many of FIFA/UEFA's official duties can be implemented in game and even if SI don't have the license to use the actual names the system should be there as highest instance of power in football.

Pointless addition that would be. Your right, its probably due to the licensing etc but I would rather have SI getting licenses for all major league badges like English Premier, and even the names of the European Competitions such Champions League, Europa League etc instead of Champions Cup etc

Pointless addition that would be. Your right, its probably due to the licensing etc but I would rather have SI getting licenses for all major league badges like English Premier, and even the names of the European Competitions such Champions League, Europa League etc instead of Champions Cup etc

What would be the point of that when it's not hard to have it with a mod? While a system with dozens of interactivity features between FIFA/UEFA and clubs/nations would be something that only SI can do and it will spice up the game.

I feel it would be a good addition. Would bring a more 'real life' feel to the game. Considering they both like to stick there noses into everything as well!!!

yep fully agree if they can try to change and ruin football in reall life they can do the same in fm

I think this could be a good idea, but only if there was some possibility of the implementation of rule changes over time.

That would be the only reason to put them in but i can't see that happening because you could easily get bugs that would ruin league rules, e.tc.

So? That doesn't stop us users to create a fix file to put thos competitions and fake nations (case of Germany) to work correctly. If SI doesn't have license, then name the FIFA\UEAFE and Platini names to something else and with the Fix file we users correct it.

Seriously I don't see the problem in that.

I also would want the more important players to stay in game once retired to take coaching positions and all of that.

I'd like to see non-FIFA teams like Catalonia and the Basque country represented, at least in the friendlies they play around christmas. It would need Catalan second nationality to be introduced, Basque is already there. Players like Bojan/Pique could play for Catalonia without losing their Spanish nationality, just as in real life. The friendlies are played at a small injury risk to the participants in real life (just as much as any international friendly), so should be in the game by that logic. If introduced into FM, withdrawing a player from such a game might provoke more of a reaction from that player for sentimental purposes as well. Cruyff would have a job in the game, and players could take the managerial jobs of these nations if they became available (but not at the same time as managing another country).

Archived