Automatically rest players after game

I have to agree with Vangelis... it's a bad idea. It does nothing to speed recovery time as far as I can tell -- based on my observation, it slows recovery -- and it makes for slower training progress. I assume the option was taken out for precisely this reason.

let's start with the fact that you shouldn't rest them always
Ok then, let me say it again. You SHOULDN'T rest them after each game. If they miss trainings they will have problems with their attributes
Exactly. As I have tested many many times you should only rest people with serious fitness issues. also, if you pay attention after a game they are much more tired than the next day anyway

Not once did you say that it was impossible to automatically rest players

It was implied...

The fact that you didn't get it doesn't make you correct.

By saying "Let's START with the.." means that you can't.

Now maybe that is a little vague but as you can see in his first reply, he understood it

If you are arguing, you are arguing on your own. I have no reason to argue. I am just trying to explain. if he was sarcastic, he wouldn't have made a prediction about my reply. Now, if he was really sarcastic, then he failed at it! Bottom line, I gave a better answer that needed

Players recover a bit quicker if you give them a day's rest after a match. It's allowed me to play my first-choice MC's more regularly.

However, there are players who don't need it, because their natural fitness is very high.

My rule of thumb is to rest every player who is under 85% fitness for one day directly after a match. And if they are below 75%, they probably need to be rested for the next match (if it's within 3 or 4 days), not from training.

I tend to dump this on players who play 270+ minutes per week (i.e. 3 full games). A week off.

It seems to affect jadedness more than composure, mind you, but we have no indication of jadedness until... It's too late.

Players recover a bit quicker if you give them a day's rest after a match. It's allowed me to play my first-choice MC's more regularly.

However, there are players who don't need it, because their natural fitness is very high.

My rule of thumb is to rest every player who is under 85% fitness for one day directly after a match. And if they are below 75%, they probably need to be rested for the next match (if it's within 3 or 4 days), not from training.

I rest my players in much the same way as you do.

Presumably the 'rest' option has some effect or it wouldn't be in the game at all and I can't think of any other purpose for the option of resting a player for a day or two other than speeding up his recovery so that he is available for the next match.

IRL, most teams don't train the day after a match unless they gave a very poor performance so this should reflect in the game.

Correct. There is certainly no team training or if there is it would only be a light recuperation session or individuals choosing to train.

I tend to dump this on players who play 270+ minutes per week (i.e. 3 full games). A week off.

It seems to affect jadedness more than composure, mind you, but we have no indication of jadedness until... It's too late.

Jadedness is the same as condition isn't it, kind of?

I have to agree with Vangelis... it's a bad idea. It does nothing to speed recovery time as far as I can tell -- based on my observation, it slows recovery -- and it makes for slower training progress. I assume the option was taken out for precisely this reason.

I would disagree. Playing the in Coca Cola Championship, it's imperative to rest players after each match. Teams play 46 regular season matches plus cups, and since many Champ. level players aren't of the highest physical caliber, if you want to keep any sort of regular starting XI then you must rest after each match.

Archived