Bringing A Player Back To Retire

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone else does this.

In my Liverpool game I've brought back 5 former players (maybe 6 soon) purely so they can end their days a Red.

Fowler

Finnan

Riise

Ducasse (a guy I bought years ago, sold to Birmingham and is now retiring)

Kirkland

and hopefully soon Mahul (Isreali regen) will soon come back to play his last couple of seasons.

I just think it's nice to give them final games in from of the fans they entertained.

Does anyone else do this or am I just strange?

Carragher is close to retiring but he's unhappy about the lack of football he's getting so i'm gonna loan him out season after season until the second half of his last season where i'll give him some games to end his career. I just don't have the heart to sell him and see him end his career elsewhere.

I just don't have the heart to sell him and see him end his career elsewhere.

For me there was a DC Bebeto at Feirense he was already a club legend when I got there but at the age of 34 he decided retirement is in order, he played a couple of games for us missing promotion by only 2 points.

Now that you mention we I would loved him to be art of this seasons squad whit which i won the league :( he deserves a medal, an absolute leader

I kept hold of Gerrard and Carragher in my 08 save as Liverpool. Got to season 5, by which point Carra was a reserve (and soon to retire, I expected) and Gerrard was no longer part of the first team.

Then the save corrupted. :(

I always play my retiring players up front if I can as well in the last few games of the season (if nothing else to play for) or have them on the bench/top of the penalty list.

Always nice to send them off with a goal.

I havent really brought players back to the club but when I was England manager on an earlier version of the game I used to arrange a tour of the Caribbean for old players cant remember if it was over 35's or over 40's

On one of the old versions of the games, my mate had an amazing regen. He was a striker called Des Daniels, he started playing in the first team at 17 and he kept him right through till he was 36. Anyway when it came to retiring and it being his last game my mate did the following.

He got the song Memories from one of his Dad's Cd's. Paused the CD and then had the song playing whilst good old Des played his last game. He sat there totally quiet the whole time, I asked him what was wrong (In between my laughter) and he said he was just remembering the classic games that Des had played, the trophies he had won etc etc.

He looked genuinelly chocked up at the end of the match hahaha

It took me a good while to stop laughing after that hehe

Archived