Most hard to take defeat

Back in the CM3 days, Portadown beat me (Dungannon) 1-0 in the last game of the season to hand the title to Linfield by a single point. It wouldn't be much to talk about, but the very next season, Glentoran beat me 1-0 in the last game of the season to hand the title to Linfield by a single point.

Can't recall anything more recent that compares to that, but losing 7-0 to Portadown in my on-going FM10 save last season stands out. Just a regular league game though.

You can tell I don't get out of Ireland much. :(

Back in the CM3 days, Portadown beat me (Dungannon) 1-0 in the last game of the season to hand the title to Linfield by a single point. It wouldn't be much to talk about, but the very next season, Glentoran beat me 1-0 in the last game of the season to hand the title to Linfield by a single point.

Can't recall anything more recent that compares to that, but losing 7-0 to Portadown in my on-going FM10 save last season stands out. Just a regular league game though.

You can tell I don't get out of Ireland much. :(

There is many other countries out there mate. lol:D

Unlucky with the 7-0 defeat, better luck next time eh?

Being with Barcelona Sailing through the league and the copa del rey and the group stage of the champions league, got too the champs league final not conceding in both legs of quarter finals and semi finals loosing 2-1 by a own goal from puyol against a understrength Ajax team

Personally, in my 4th season of my first Villa save on FM10, was champions league holders after beating Real Madrid in the previous years final. Came up against Barcelona in the Final the following year, after taking a 6-1 thrashing off them in the super cup earlier in the season I wasn't really looking forward to it.

Anyway, that didn't change when Messi & Xavi put them 2-0 up before half time. Gave my team a ass whooping at halftime and managed to force extra time when Garay(Newgen) & Gignac scored.

5 mins into Extra time a Puyol OG put me 3-2 up and it looked like I was going to hold out to retain the Cup. Wrong.

119 mins on the clock and Pique equalises

122 mins on the clock Messi scores, they hit me on the break after Van der Vaart had cannonned the ball against the cross bar from a free kick.

Gutted......

Hardest one i have had, was my Rangers side, doing well domesticly dominating all competitions and unbeaten to Celtic in 3 years, met then in the quaters of the CL. Won 2-1 and Parkhead with much ease, and a couple of injuries for the return leg, the unbeaten record ended with a 2-0 defeat/

Haven't had many on FM10, but the one that sticks in my mind a bit was the recent FA Cup final against Chelsea (Playing as Southampton).

In truth it was a pretty even game, could very easily have gone either way. But the choker was the fact the winning goals were in the 106th and 118th minutes. One was a screamer but the other was pretty sloppy, and disappointing after how well we'd defended up until that point.

But still, not too bad. Chelsea will have beaten better teams than us over the FM years and if anything, we did well to get to the final in the first place.

made it to CL final 5 times in the past 6 years. Won twice or three times. The worst was when the stupid AsstMan used Jovetic as a striker and aguero as a AMC. Probably cause most of our strikers were out injured and Jovetic had a nice string of form as a striker but come on. Jovetic scored but Aguero was garbage. Behind 3 - 1 and with 15 minutes left Dzeko is subbed on and scores a brace. We go to EXTRA penalties and lose by one penalty to Barca. I think the AsstMan did that before in other finals too.

Thing was most of the time we had Aguero or Dzeko (sometimes both) being out for 3-4 months after the winter transfer market closed for like 3 years in a row. ****ed me off. But we had such a good run but then went and lost in the finals.

Needed to win a home game against the team coming 17th to win the league. As it turned out, we had a goal denied with an off-side ruling, had two penalty appeals turned down, and lost 1-0. Not only did we end up losing the league, another team went past us to finish 2nd, leaving us in 3rd, missing out on promotion.

The team that came 2nd were also one goal short on +GD of becoming champions; both of the teams scored 42 goals, but the team that came 2nd had a GD which was one lower than the team coming first. Would've been heart-wrenching for them as well as me.

That season ended up finishing:

1st, 55 points

2nd, 55 points

3rd, 53 points

4th, 53 points

5th, 53 points

From 30 games. We finished 3rd on +GD, we dominated the league until the end and our final +GD was way higher than everybody else's.. yet we still choked in the last game.

Sigh.

Needed to win a home game against the team coming 17th to win the league. As it turned out, we had a goal denied with an off-side ruling, had two penalty appeals turned down, and lost 1-0. Not only did we end up losing the league, another team went past us to finish 2nd, leaving us in 3rd, missing out on promotion.

The team that came 2nd were also one goal short on +GD of becoming champions; both of the teams scored 42 goals, but the team that came 2nd had a GD which was one lower than the team coming first. Would've been heart-wrenching for them as well as me.

1st, 55 points

2nd, 55 points

3rd, 53 points

4th, 53 points

5th, 53 points

From 30 games. We finished 3rd on +GD, we dominated the league until the end and our final +GD was way higher than everybody else's.. yet we still choked in the last game.

Sigh.

doesn't sound like you were dominating the league if it was that close...

1st, 55 points

2nd, 55 points

3rd, 53 points

4th, 53 points

5th, 53 points

Sigh.

very tight there mate, don`t remember seeing the league that tight on any save.

Archived