Budgets and Board Cancelling coach signings?

I have a budget for the season, why do the board cancel coaches that I need. Badly need a fitness coach for Chelmsford and he only wanted 95 a week. It's well within my budget.

Surely if the board give me a budget I should be able to spend it the way I see fit. I am the Football Manager...

Yeh I know how it works.

Just don't agree with it. The board should allow me to use the budget they set out. It's silly that I can't sign a coach that's needed. And I am the manager. The board shouldn't have a say in this.

I have a budget for the season, why do the board cancel coaches that I need. Badly need a fitness coach for Chelmsford and he only wanted 95 a week. It's well within my budget.

Surely if the board give me a budget I should be able to spend it the way I see fit. I am the Football Manager...

Worth pointing out that they don't give you a budget for staff.

It would be a worthwhile addition in future though IMO.

I find this a little annoying also, but only because the board don't take into consideration the number of coaches at the team to begin with.

My team had a total of 8 coaches. During my first summer there, AI clubs poached the best 3 of them, yet when I tried to replace them (even with high profile coaches that were saying they wanted the post in the media) I was told that the club didn't need any more coaches - even though the coaches I was trying to bring in were free to sign and were only asking for a fraction of the wages that the ones that left were earning. In fact, I think the 2 replacements I tried to bring in, would have had a combined wage of less than what the lowest earner of the out-going 3.

It would be nice if there was some kind of mutual termination option for this screen - or a suggestion from the board about the best way to approach it, rather than a flat-out refusal. Such as 'we recognise that this addition would greatly improve the coaching staff, but we can't afford to bring them in. If you still wished to sign them, we recommend letting one of your current coaches leave to make way. 'So and so' would be the mostly likely to agree to a mutual contract termination should you wish to follow this route.'

I just find it irritating that it looks at the total coaches. I want to bring in a fitness coach as my team currently doesn't have one but I can't because they say I don't need another coach.

I did have 1 GK, 2 YTh, 3 General and 1 Assistant coaches, so I fired one of the general coaches and still can't sign a fitness coach.

Just a shame it doesn't see that we don't have that position covered and allow a signing.

I just find it irritating that it looks at the total coaches. I want to bring in a fitness coach as my team currently doesn't have one but I can't because they say I don't need another coach.

I did have 1 GK, 2 YTh, 3 General and 1 Assistant coaches, so I fired one of the general coaches and still can't sign a fitness coach.

Just a shame it doesn't see that we don't have that position covered and allow a signing.

Why you get rid of a general coach and keep a youth one?

In fact I don't bother with youth coaches at all, if they can coach make them a general one then you are not limiting yourself on who/what they can cover.

There is no point in having Youth coaches in League 1 or 2. I don't bother with them until I'm in a top division, and can have 10+ coaches. You don't necessarily need a Fitness Coach either, stick with general coaches until the board allows more. Your poor facilities will be a bigger limitation in developing players then poor coaches.

Exactly the point. The board are there for buisness matters. You're there for football matters. They give you a budget and it's up to you to make it work.

When you have 3 leftbacks and try to sign another do the board step in and say "you don't need another player there"?

How many coaches you have has nothing to do with the board. You are the manager

Exactly the point. The board are there for buisness matters. You're there for football matters.

[...]

How many coaches you have has nothing to do with the board. You are the manager

The hiring and firing of staff is a business matter though, not a football matter..

Archived