Cork City?

I am a Reading fan, and i have seen the likes of Kevin Doyle, Shane Long, Noel Hunt, Stephen Hunt all come through to us from Cork City, and now a club that has provided some of the best irish talent has gone out of business.

I don't think the next patch will have deleted the team and made all the players free agents surely?

and do you guys think on FM2011 they will have gone?

Cork City dont cease to exist. They have been thrown out of the premier division had been placed into the first division. They have gone the way of a lot of top irish sides in recent years chasing a dream without the finance to back it. they find themselves in first division along with Derry City also thrown out of premier division this year for financial reasons. interestinly the season opener this friday eve. Due to the fact the club was thrown out of the league with a week till the new season starts staff and players have no option to remain with the club as its to late to find clubs within 7 days. i imagine players and staff are free to join another club if they can find one in time, like the staff and players of Derry City where allowed to for breach of contract.

they didnt:

Doyle: £78,000

Long: Unknown

N. Hunt: £100,000

S. Hunt: didnt play for Cork unless im missing something?

From what I remember, Shane Long was just thrown into the Doyle deal as a freebie. With business sense like that, it's not really a wonder they've got problems is it?

these deals are not uncommon for irish league sides, Derry City sold Paddy McCourt and Naill McGinn to Celtic for small amounts up front, with added "bonus" of arranging a few friendlies where fans get done as club over charges for match because its Celtic and Celtic send over 2nd string players. they also rely on sell on fees as it is believed these players have 25% sell on clauses (to be believed or not) which could be worth a few pound in years ahead.

these deals are not uncommon for irish league sides, Derry City sold Paddy McCourt and Naill McGinn to Celtic for small amounts up front, with added "bonus" of arranging a few friendlies where fans get done as club over charges for match because its Celtic and Celtic send over 2nd string players. they also rely on sell on fees as it is believed these players have 25% sell on clauses (to be believed or not) which could be worth a few pound in years ahead.

But the Cork City deal for Doyle was poarticularly stupid as it had none of these clauses it was just straight up with Long added in, and it wasn't as if it was a desperation sale (Cork were fairly rich by LoI standards, and a number of clubs were interested).

Frankly the LoI has been a financial shambles from day one Cork has gone through about 7 clus, Limerick 5 and nearly all the big Dublin clubs have gone into administration at one stage or another. It is one of the main reasons people stopped going in big numbers in the late 70's/ early 80's (Dalymount park used hold 40k+ for the major Dublin derbies).

From what I remember, Shane Long was just thrown into the Doyle deal as a freebie. With business sense like that, it's not really a wonder they've got problems is it?

Their departing manager fcuked them majorly at the time, and leaked details of various clauses in Doyle's contract that allowed Reading to get him for significantly reduced sums.

Their departing manager fcuked them majorly at the time, and leaked details of various clauses in Doyle's contract that allowed Reading to get him for significantly reduced sums.

Please dont try to circumvent the swear filter- its there for a reason.

Cork sacked Pat Dolan in 2005 and he leaked details of Doyle's clauses (which he'd put in shortly before his termination) to his brother Eamonn Dolan, who works at Reading. Reading scampered in and took two of Ireland's best young players in a totally dodgy deal. Neither Noel or Stephen Hunt ever played for Cork, but current Reading striker Dave Mooney did.

Archived