Assiging people to manage reserves and U18

Who do you put to manage them? Anyone in particular or do you leave it blank? If you do put someone what qualities do you tend to look for prior to appointing them? So far i've just left them blank and made sure they use the tactic of the first team so players get used to it.

I usually have my ass man control the reserves and which ever member of staff has the highest Working with Youngsters attribute to manage the U-18s. However sometimes if I have a member of staff who has recently retired and may want to go on to management at some point i might let him manage the reserves.

It all depends on what team you've got, although for U-18 teams it makes sense to have someone who can work with youngsters. I also like youth-team coaches to have a high discipline, management and motivational skills/stats.

From my experience he is more than capable of handling both the main team and the reserves :)

Really? With only one or two exceptions most assman are barely capable of handling a cup of tea, let alone your reserves and offering advice on the 1st team.

Really? With only one or two exceptions most assman are barely capable of handling a cup of tea, let alone your reserves and offering advice on the 1st team.

If you're referring to them being terrible most of the time in general maybe :) But in relation to my response I don't think the added responsibility will make him any worse.

It all depends on what team you've got, although for U-18 teams it makes sense to have someone who can work with youngsters. I also like youth-team coaches to have a high discipline, management and motivational skills/stats.

Does anyone know if the coach's stats make any difference? Will they win more games if, e.g., his WwYouth is 20 instead of 10?

One of the funniest quotes I've read on here. But back on topic For my setup I've got a youth coach who has got good stat in youth work. for my reserve coach i just pick the best man for the job

One of the funniest quotes I've read on here. But back on topic For my setup I've got a youth coach who has got good stat in youth work. for my reserve coach i just pick the best man for the job

The best man for the job on what basis and criteriors?

If you're referring to them being terrible most of the time in general maybe :) But in relation to my response I don't think the added responsibility will make him any worse.

Yeah I meant that they are generally terrible. However you are right, the added responsibility won't have an affect on their (in)ability to do their job.

Personally I have assman handle the reserves and my best 'working with youngsters' coach as youth boss.

I oversee ALL games my club plays, including U-18/19/20 and Reserve matches. Makes it far easier to control exactly how much and where each individual plays and keep an eye on their performances.

Archived