Where does the transfer money go if i don't want to spend

Hi just being curious, what are the consequences (good and bad) of saving the club some money? I like to play with a settled team for 2 - 3 years and would not like to spend for the sake of the presence of a transfer budget.

If say the unused budget are used to service the debts or upgrade facilities, i would be most pleased!

Am i missing out anything on not spending? I would like to know how does the finances work. ThanKs!

The transfer budget isn't really there, there aren't two separate bank accounts, one for the transfer budget and one for the rest of the club money. The only consequence of not spending it is that it doesn't come out of the clubs balance.

Any unused transfer budget goes back into the club coffers at the end of the season and then the board will decide , based on the overall financial position, how much to allocate for the next season. So saving it does not mean it will be added to next years budget but it will get you brownie points for controlling the spending.

Bottom line is to spend if you really need to, but dont spend if you dont.

Yeh i hate it when it goes to shareholders dividends, I always think to myself, i could have spent that, but instead you pocket it how unfair. With my Liverpool save, i got 80 million in the my 5th season, chose not to spend much (around 10 million in total), i even sold around 20 odd million. Then next season got 80 million again, so it definately doesn't tally up, my balance isn't all that much healthier either due to the dividends.

I was given £50m at the start of the season and spent £35m of it. I also recouped £27m. This gave me a nett spend of £8m. Does this mean I'll get "brownie points" and does it mean I at least stand a chance of a healthy transfer budget next season?

I'm managing Juventus, by the way.

This help with your Financal Control on your profile and also please your board. Don't forget Transfer Budget will depend on how well the board think your do next season, how much money they think they will get back from Mercindise, attendences, prize money for winning stuff.

So it does help in long run keep wage Budget under set amount and not spending all of your Transfer budget.

i see. has anyone played long enough to see a club debt finally fully repaid? my longest game is about 3 -4 years only.. hardly see any difference with the debts.

Yeah ive went long enough to see this for my club. the finances take a nice turn for good :)

My reccomendation is to assign the transfer budget all to wages, if you're not using it. That'll increase your good standing with the board. They'll be "very pleased at the tight control you keep on wages", since they'll be so far under the limit.

I'd also advocate doing this; also, having the extra space allows you to offer higher contracts to players you may need to re-sign during the course of the season.

Archived