"Team expected to Challenge for the Premier Division"

I find this very frustrating. I mean I'm with Man Utd and finished 5 points (2nd place) off chelsea, who came 1st. I challenged until the game before last, and the board are disappointed that I didn't challenge.

What do you guys think? Should expectations be lowered slightly for this case? Or do you think it's fine as it is?

I do find that "Title Challenge" and "Winner" expectations are exactly the same. I once lost the title via a last minute goal on the final day, with "title challenge" expectations, and the board were disappointed that I didn't challenge for the title. When, clearly, I did - I just didn't win the thing, losing by one point.

What's the point in having two different expectations- 'Challenge for the title' and 'Winner' if the board reacts exactly the same way if you don't win the title when choosing either expectation? Clearly if you lose the title on the last day, for example, then you've achieved their expectation of challenging for the title. You may as well just always choose winner and get the extra transfer funds and wages.

Well with Man Utd the early season expectations are automatically to win the thing (unless you're a few seasons in and things have gone sour under a previous regime), so the board would be naturally disappointed if you finished five points off the pace.

The expectations are to challenge, not to win

I do find that "Title Challenge" and "Winner" expectations are exactly the same. I once lost the title via a last minute goal on the final day, with "title challenge" expectations, and the board were disappointed that I didn't challenge for the title. When, clearly, I did - I just didn't win the thing, losing by one point.

That's my point. It doesn't really make sense. If I were 10 points off 1st place then I'd understand, but being a close race, I really think that they should've been satisfied

I have strange expectations too. In my first season in the Premier League as Preston we went into administration. I'd used the editor, put me and a mate on it as with maxed out stats, they were then automatically sold leaving me with a threadbare squad. I survived finsihing in 15th place despite the points deduction. Yet the board were unhappy at our season.

When I played a network game with two of my friends, and we played in Portugal (I was Porto, and the others were Benfica and Sporting), I chose 'Title Challenge' and I finished 2nd, 7 points off the winner Sporting. The board were happy that I challenged for the title, though :thup:.

It's sucky. On one game, I had the expectation with a team to "Challenge for the title". So yeah, I ended third, 1p after the 2nd and 4p after the 1st. Now, my board went ahead and was really ******** and in confidence it said:

The board is disappointed that the team failed to end right behind the top teams.

Notice, it says TEAMS. Not team. And I ended third, 1 point below the 2nd team. How is that to not end up right behind the top teams? Really?

I think board confidence and expectations need some major tweaking, not to mention the fact that it's just dumb that the confidence is reset to middle each season. If you won the league previous season, you should start the next season with higher confidence...

The expectations are to challenge, not to win

In any of the versions of CM and FM I've ever played (including this one) I've never seen anything less than "expect to win", unless as I said above that its a case that I'm in on fireman duty some seasons in (usually at least five, I'd be the second, or third boss after Ferguson).

Archived