Anybody else keep losing money after each month?

Hunt

So im in my 3rd season for Liverpool now and its all going well. But when i get that message after each month telling me about my finances it seems i keep making around a £3-4m loss each month :confused:

Now i know Liverpool have a lot of players on high wages and debts and stuff, but if it carries as it is it could get serious. Ive noticed myself slip down the richest clubs rankings too.

Anybody else notice this?

I did for most months in MLS where I coached for four seasons with a smaller side (my beloved Kansas City Wizards). In truth, the only thing that kept the operation afloat internally is that PSV took us on as a feeder and paid us $5 million each season--which is a boatload for MLS...

I too am playing as Liverpool and when I started my game i wiped out the loan using the editor. I am the most succesful club in England after 5 seasons and I am still losing money every month. I make all my money in prize money at the end of the year and this tides me over. i am third in the rich list by the way in 2014.

I too am playing as Liverpool and when I started my game i wiped out the loan using the editor. I am the most succesful club in England after 5 seasons and I am still losing money every month. I make all my money in prize money at the end of the year and this tides me over. i am third in the rich list by the way in 2014.

Isn't that seriously cheating, wiping out your loan.

If you want to take on any club, with its players, its fanbase, its tradition etc, you should also take on any debt they may have.

Losing about £5mill a month atm. £1mill is to pay off a loan and another £1mill is payment for a player. I suppose the rest is wages and apperence fees.

Over the season I lose between £20mill and £40mill but then get like £80mill at the end of the season :)

Isn't that seriously cheating, wiping out your loan.

If you want to take on any club, with its players, its fanbase, its tradition etc, you should also take on any debt they may have.

Yeah but thats how he wants to play. Doesn't really matter.

I lose money every month but then i'm Man City and they're punching way above their income in expenditure but it keeps getting topped up :D

But on my At. Madrid save i'm quite sure i wasn't losing money.

People can do whatever they like with their game. Cheating or not. IT's up to them.

As for losing money - you have to pay those wages each week.

With

Player Wages

Staff Wages

Non-Football Costs

Bonuses

Ground maintenance

I'm paying roughly about 11m a month

And my loss per month is 2 - 3m.

But that's all taken into account with budgets

I'm getting a new stadium with 18,000 more seats and the average ticket prices are £40. So i'll be getting an extra £720,000 per home match. Including cups that's like 25 home matches so that's like an extra £18mill a year. Hmmmm, was that £300mill new stadium really worth it?

I'm getting a new stadium with 18,000 more seats and the average ticket prices are £40. So i'll be getting an extra £720,000 per home match. Including cups that's like 25 home matches so that's like an extra £18mill a year. Hmmmm, was that £300mill new stadium really worth it?

A good club with 70,000 seater should be getting around 45m a season from gate receipts.

Sorry I'm working in Euros - just to be clear

my staff wages are sky high... what with having 25 coaches and 18 scouts etc... and they are on pretty good wages... as staff wages arent built into your wage budget, so i lose a boatload there... doesnt help we took out 153m loan for new stadium due to open in 6months (thankfully)... should start raking in the money then (i hope)

As in real life, I reckon most FMers run operating losses. The likes of Liverpool and Man U have unmanageable debts, many FMers go for broke and run up huge wage bills (do a Portsmouth). Lower league, there's tiny gates and no TV money - you can't even keep on top of the non-footballing costs. Me, I'm managing in the 10th tier where the only income is at the gate - with an average attendance of 50!

Archived