My new stadion exploded bug

Hi, i was managing PSV eindhoven. i had quite a succesvol run, winning the champions league 2 times in the period 2009-2022. however the stadion still had 35000 seats.

At the end of the 2021/22 season, the board announced they were building a new stadion, for 99.000 people, named after me (the Wanmaker stadion). the construction was supposed to be finished in oktober 2023.

in juli 2023 however, i got the following message (not precise, because i play the game in dutch) : construction workers were evacuated from the new NEC nijmegen stadion, after they heard a couple of explosions. after this a part of the stadion collapsed. the opening of the stadion will be delayed, and the ceremonial opening will be held in februari 2024.

i liked the feature alot, but when i reached oktober i noticed it was broken, because the next match in oktober was attended by 89.000 visitors. it seems that altough the building should be finished in februari (also according to the information screen), when the first deadline expired, the stadion already was ready to be used.

but is it an official feature, because i have never heard of it on these forums. and if it is, than it should be fixed, because the new date and the opening date don't match.

if it isnt official, i don't know how it got in my game, as i did the editing myself

Yes, it is official. Another instance of this happening was posted on here the other day involving Chelsea's new stadium. Exactly the same as yours, explosions, evacuations, delays.

The only thing that's wrong is the date issue, report that in the bugs forum and possibly upload the save.

i couldnt remember the actual message before, thats why i tought they were explosions. anyway, its a cool future, and i never heard of it. makes you wonder if SI has put more of this unknown stuff in

Sorry for casting aspersions on your claims! Prehaps there are some even rarer events just waiting to be found.

Was writing as the link was posted. OP said about "explosions" rather than "loud bangs" which have a different connotation.

Not really, explosions could be gas cylinders, chemicals, anything on a building site. Just because it explodes doesn't mean it's terrorism is what I'm saying :)

The official SI response confirming this rare event implied that there very well could be more.

OOoo, sounds intriguing. I shall await news on here as nothing rare ever seems to happen to me! In all my FM time I havn't had a new stadium, let-alone one that's named after me, or one that explodes, and thats despite being very succesful. I've never had an in-game son either :(

The official SI response confirming this rare event implied that there very well could be more.

Very interesting news.

In recent versions of FM there seems to be a focus on "event" gameplay. Random events that pop up here and there, or a certain set of "trigger" conditions that provoke a certain event, whether in-match or outside of the match.

I don't know if you are familiar with Paradox Interactive and their Europa Universalis games, but from an observers point of view it looks like SI have considered something similar to PI's "random event" gameplay system in order to provide greater flavour and vibrance to the game.

While complex, logical, deep mathematical based simulators of particular fields of interest, like Football or Geopolitical history (what a varied lot), are in my opinion some of the most interesting and compelling games around, nothing breaks up the staid and rigid gameplay you can find in these games like a good dose of some realistic and unexpected "random events".

SI could do a lot worse than take a leaf out of PI's book. PI produce some of the most complex, yet colourful and above all realistic WWII or Geo-historical-political simulators around. When the player-controlled massive, industrialised, Pre-Napoleonic juggernaut Kingdom of France has just gutted it's way through Castillian, Conquistador Spain, there is very little that adds more flavour, interest and longevity to the game than the death of the French Monarch and the inheritance of the French Throne by the King of Cyprus or Luxemburg and the subsequent wars of succession involving the "enslaved" France on the side of Luxemburg versus the combined might of the Ottoman Empire and the Mamaluk Sultanate as "allies" of the King of Cyprus.

Personally speaking I think FM puts PI titles to shame in terms of depth and accuracy. If FM users were not so completely devoted to football they might take a step back and realise exactly what it is that they are playing. A strategy simulation that is peerless in the gaming world.

Any tricks or lessons SI can take from other, similar developers can only reinforce this position of supremacy and above all else deep and challenging fun.

Very interesting news.

In recent versions of FM there seems to be a focus on "event" gameplay. Random events that pop up here and there, or a certain set of "trigger" conditions that provoke a certain event, whether in-match or outside of the match.

I don't know if you are familiar with Paradox Interactive and their Europa Universalis games, but from an observers point of view it looks like SI have considered something similar to PI's "random event" gameplay system in order to provide greater flavour and vibrance to the game.

While complex, logical, deep mathematical based simulators of particular fields of interest, like Football or Geopolitical history (what a varied lot), are in my opinion some of the most interesting and compelling games around, nothing breaks up the staid and rigid gameplay you can find in these games like a good dose of some realistic and unexpected "random events".

SI could do a lot worse than take a leaf out of PI's book. PI produce some of the most complex, yet colourful and above all realistic WWII or Geo-historical-political simulators around. When the player-controlled massive, industrialised, Pre-Napoleonic juggernaut Kingdom of France has just gutted it's way through Castillian, Conquistador Spain, there is very little that adds more flavour, interest and longevity to the game than the death of the French Monarch and the inheritance of the French Throne by the King of Cyprus or Luxemburg and the subsequent wars of succession involving the "enslaved" France on the side of Luxemburg versus the combined might of the Ottoman Empire and the Mamaluk Sultanate as "allies" of the King of Cyprus.

Personally speaking I think FM puts PI titles to shame in terms of depth and accuracy. If FM users were not so completely devoted to football they might take a step back and realise exactly what it is that they are playing. A strategy simulation that is peerless in the gaming world.

Any tricks or lessons SI can take from other, similar developers can only reinforce this position of supremacy and above all else deep and challenging fun.

Spot on. My favourite two games are FM10 and EU3 :thup:

Not really, explosions could be gas cylinders, chemicals, anything on a building site. Just because it explodes doesn't mean it's terrorism is what I'm saying :)

Quite agree. Given that football stadiums are a perceived terroist risk though I'd be wary about using the word "explosion" just in case anything did happen with subsequent Daily Mail headlines.

Have you looked out the window and seen the world we're in? Terroists are everywhere... ;)

Quite agree. Given that football stadiums are a perceived terroist risk though I'd be wary about using the word "explosion" just in case anything did happen with subsequent Daily Mail headlines.

Have you looked out the window and seen the world we're in? Terroists are everywhere... ;)

Funny you mention that, I swore I never put a pot plant in the corner of my living room, certainly not a 6ft tall, human shaped one! :D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=186660

Here's the original thread, with the SI reponse in post #57.

My hunch is that these rarities are all purely cosmetic.

SFraser's thoughts are very interesting. Personally, I would strongly welcome such rare occurances that make a material impact on the game. However, I can see many gamers getting deeply upset if some event happens that adversely affects them. It would be like those takeovers that lead to the human manger being sacked, or the chairman selling players over their head - many gamers complain bitterly when it happens to them.

Nevertheless, I'd urge SI to bite the bullet. What events would you envisage? Au unexpected rise of a minor club or nation into real contenders? The demise of others? There are a few like punishments due to certain irregularities or personal issues [*cough*]Terry[*cough] that can't be done due to fears of litigation.

Archived