How long should I keep my keeper for? (age wise)

In my FM game with Tottenham I bought Artur Boruc when he was 31, been fantastic for me and very consistent.

He's now 34, but still my first choice keeper and only signed/changed my backups to him.

How long should I keep him as my 1st choice till he really declines and will start to play badly? From what I've seen only his physical attributes have declined.

I'd love to keep him till he retires, but I'd like some advice as to when I should maybe let go of him?

Screenshot:

http://i45.tinypic.com/25i15c9.png

i'd be a bit concerned with his accelaration now.... and his agility will get worse soon too. still if he gets the job done, what gives - especially if you play with a sweeper (which you probably don't). but if you play with a high defensive line you'd be in trouble.

if you are happy my advice would be to keep him but use him to train a young hot prospect for you.

well my keeper is now 31 but i think he'll be on top form for another 4-5 years then ill replace him. he is the only keeper i have ever had that has won me a trophy, i was being dominated by chelsea and they created 10 clear cut chances but he saved everything and we went to pens and he saved them all.

I'd keep him on as long as you can, perhaps until retirement, if his wage demands are reasonable. Of course, he may not be your starter that whole time. But I plan on keeping Akinfeev around until his retirement simply so he can help train younger keepers. Although your goalie's mental stats (mainly determination) might not be good enough to provide really meaningful training.

Start suggesting that he'll make a good coach. He may become a GK coach, and you could keep him as a reserve who could fill in for the odd game if required.

If I have an ageing player who has served me well, I try to keep hold of them for as long as possible in the hope they'll become a decent coach. I usually sack them if they don't though!

Archived