Where's my Fanfare?

I have took Kettering all the way to the top. Won back to back Fa Cups and League Cups and and got to the final of the champions league at the first attempt but I'm still not even considered as favoured personnel? A defender I signed who has played for the club 3 years has made it but not the man who transformed Kettering from obscurity to Continental.

Then after 17 years loyal service I decide to leave and all I get is 1 little message from the board saying while they were sad to see me leave they thank me for all the work I have done and are now looking for a replacement.

Not a word from the fans. It would have been nice to here their reaction.

Then I decide to take the Yeovil Town job who find themselfs bottom of the BSP. All I get is one line welcome from the chairman saying they are delighted to have hired one of the worlds top managers. No mention of the fans. Yeovil fans should be delighted the worlds best manager with a proven track record of turning non leauge to premier has arrived but theres not even a good luck card.

It should get the fans flocking. It didnt even cheer up the players who are still wanting to leave the club because of under achieving by the previous manager.

A signed youth player with potenial sometimes has the fans delighted but me joining gets no response whatsoever.

Maybe I just want my ego stroked but the fans just dont seem to care about the managers.

The recognition aspect of FM10 is borderline terrible. Probably the worst part of the game.

Especially the fact you automatically become heavily disliked no matter how you leave the club.

I actually see that as the only reason for using FMRTE - if I leave a club after massive success, I'll think I'll edit the club relationships using FMRTE because the current system is bonkers.

My captain for 7 seasons, leading the side to 6 league promotions and playing more than 230 games couldn't get onto the favoured personnel list, but a youth player who scored two goals in a meaningless cup game (his only appearance) got him into the all time best 11 as well as the favoured personnel list.

Has anyone else noticed that SI never seem to comment on threads like this?! Re: stupid fans opinions, etc.

I want Paul/Ov Collyer, Neil Brock, or someone else from SI to come on and say something like 'Yes we admit it is poorly implemented, we can assure you it will be changed in time for FM11'. That would suit me, but I never see any comment from them!

Has anyone else noticed that SI never seem to comment on threads like this?! Re: stupid fans opinions, etc.

I want Paul/Ov Collyer, Neil Brock, or someone else from SI to come on and say something like 'Yes we admit it is poorly implemented, we can assure you it will be changed in time for FM11'. That would suit me, but I never see any comment from them!

Fat chance.

Iv taken Bromley to the championship back 2 back promotions all the way and have found the fans are pretty thick in the game. 1) They seem to have forgot where they come from (Blue square south) and get dissapointed with draws away to teams like Wigan and Blackburn. 2) The only recognition you get for your work is when you deny you want a job with another club. I TURNED DOWN an approach from Man U for the managers job and NO ONE SAID A THING!!!! Yet deny i want the Bolonga Siera b job and my board are pleased. 3) I Had my biggest game ever with against Man U away. So im thinking "have a good day out, dont get 4 raitings and dont concead more than 5". So the match ends i lose 1-0, most had a ok game no 4s and they scored in the 97TH MIN. Now i understand that my fans may have been unhappy about losin in the dyin mins of game but surley i should have some sort of "good effot againt the best team in the country" message.

Archived