will there be a 10.3 patch

SI have said there will be one but we dare not ask when - sometime mid to late February is probable. Expect the usual "fanboys" who constantly attack those encountering genuine difficulties and the "fanboys" who blame computers for crashes even though SI have admitted the game has problems leading to crash dumps and, most ironically, the notable fanboys who keep telling us the game is perfect as it is, to be the first to download it.

SI have said there will be one but we dare not ask when - sometime mid to late February is probable. Expect the usual "fanboys" who constantly attack those encountering genuine difficulties and the "fanboys" who blame computers for crashes even though SI have admitted the game has problems leading to crash dumps and, most ironically, the notable fanboys who keep telling us the game is perfect as it is, to be the first to download it.

I've hardly seen anything like that on the forum recently. All of these fanboys must post on a different forum.

Yeah - there will be one and as a rule, it normally drops around Valentines Day. With our love, of course...;)

Tie Fighter - please don't troll, there's a good chap - you're more than aware that that kind of post will only start an argument.

I wasn't trolling. Fair comment and freedom to express it. You may not like the criticism but that is no reason to try and label it as you do, particularly as the other comment in reply to mine is clearly of a stated variety. The problem with your forums is not those with genuine complaints - I have already set out (as others have) their views on the crashes etc. The problem is those who roundly refuse to entertain such posts and those who, for their own reasons, are hell bent on attacking anyone who has experienced genuine problems with the game. There certinaly are a select few on these forums who primary motivation appears to be to attack anyone who doesn't agree that the game is ideal.

I wasn't trolling. Fair comment and freedom to express it. You may not like the criticism but that is no reason to try and label it as you do, particularly as the other comment in reply to mine is clearly of a stated variety. The problem with your forums is not those with genuine complaints - I have already set out (as others have) their views on the crashes etc. The problem is those who roundly refuse to entertain such posts and those who, for their own reasons, are hell bent on attacking anyone who has experienced genuine problems with the game. There certinaly are a select few on these forums who primary motivation appears to be to attack anyone who doesn't agree that the game is ideal.

Everyone is entitled to their views both for and against the game and, if expressed reasonably, there will be no issues on these forums. Please , however, cut out the "fanboys" comments as they are unnecessary and can cause confrontation.- thanks.

Well, I can't remember when the final patch for FM07 came out, however, I'm sure the final patch for FM08 came out on Valentine's day.

Last year's 9.3 patch came out on the 26th Feb. So, historically, it seems middle to end of February is the usual date.

Hope that helps with the opening poster's decision on whether or not to start a new game. Personally, I'd suggest maybe starting a short-term save (like taking England to the World Cup or maybe managing a big team for one season). Then you can start your proper career save when the patch arrives. :)

Everyone is entitled to their views both for and against the game and, if expressed reasonably, there will be no issues on these forums. Please , however, cut out the "fanboys" comments as they are unnecessary and can cause confrontation.- thanks.

My closing post on this topic. "Fanboy", is, in my view not offensive on any objective view. I certainly do not agree that equality is offered between posters who adore and those who don't. Neither do I agree that reasonble views criticising the game (whether crash dumps, bugs etc) receive due or fair regard.

They don't tell you the date, so that if something goes wrong, you don't get disappointed and then open threads that say 'SI promised me the patch, they're rubbish, etc'

My closing post on this topic. "Fanboy", is, in my view not offensive on any objective view. I certainly do not agree that equality is offered between posters who adore and those who don't. Neither do I agree that reasonble views criticising the game (whether crash dumps, bugs etc) receive due or fair regard.

All your opinion and you're wrong. There are many reasonable debates about possible 'issues'. Its only people that incite problems by bandying about the word 'fanboy' that then cry when their threads get closed.

Archived