Is this a wind up?

I'm losing two key players in the fa cup final at the end of the season because of a mickey mouse international tournament called 'the four associations tournament'.

These are established internationals so it isn't like they need to go and prove anything, or they fear losing there places.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Is it a bug? or just a game with ridiculously unrealistic features?

I think its an issue with the fixtures in game more than anything, I think the actual tournament is scheduled to start after the Cup final so any players that may be involved in both will get the opportunity to join up with the international team after the final.

I think its an issue with the fixtures in game more than anything, I think the actual tournament is scheduled to start after the Cup final so any players that may be involved in both will get the opportunity to join up with the international team after the final.

This is correct:

FA Cup Final: May 15

Four Associations Tournament: May 24-28

i had no idea about this "4 assocations tournament" either. however a team that has made it to the FA cup final you must be able to have good enough replacements?

So a cup run of 5 games requires a massive squad? I think not! I don't think Cardiff got to the final the other year because they have more strength in depth than teams who didn't make the final.

I think the bug lies here. The timing, as you say.

Not really. If a player gets called up the club have to let him go, barring injury. It's just unfortunate timing.

Nah, it's a bug ^^ I'm pretty sure never in the history of the FA Cup Final has an international fixture took precedent over it.

It's a scheduling bug, and happens quite a bit with the Champions League too. But the FA Cup Final is an even bigger bug to be honest.

And I'm not usually one to shout "bah the game is ^&% ^&(&( SI you &(&(&" etc., but you have to point out genuine errors when they occur so they can be fixed if possible.

Nah, it's a bug ^^ I'm pretty sure never in the history of the FA Cup Final has an international fixture took precedent over it.

It's a scheduling bug, and happens quite a bit with the Champions League too. But the FA Cup Final is an even bigger bug to be honest.

And I'm not usually one to shout "bah the game is ^&% ^&(&( SI you &(&(&" etc., but you have to point out genuine errors when they occur so they can be fixed if possible.

Yeah, realistically what would happen is the players in question would meet up after the final.

Archived