Sould it be harder to get jobs

By this I mean that i've started in the Conf North and have now made it to the championship, but all i've done is win the conf north twice. I've been sacked everywhere else i've been and had three relegations.

In 20 years i've had 2 titles like I've said and a couple of decent seasons but overall, been crap.

Yet now manager of a championship team, doesn't see right to be honest.

What reputation did you start with?

If you start at the bottom with Sunday League, chances are it'll be a very different story.

probably your starting rep that is too high. i got low rep when i started my game, am 8 seasons far, got my 2nd division belgian team to european football and am competing every year for the title, however i havent got any offers to manage an other team

As i've already said my rep was sunday league.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is because you are coaching in England and getting offers in England. I am coaching in the U.S. and getting NO club offers. I have a continental rep and have faired quite well in MLS for two seasons; I am now in my third season. I am NOT saying I expect to get any recognition outside of the Americas for another four to five seasons. If I am getting no love from Europe after seven or eight successful seasons, then I will start to scratch my head. As it is, I would have to say the success you Brits are having is considerably more than we are...

Possibly, but frankly, if no-one was offering me jobs, I don't think I'd continue the game. Some slight changes, I had one game which I had intended to make a real challenge, starting unemployed with automatic experience.

Season 1 - Instantly offered Chester job. Got relegated.

Season 2 - Took Chester to 2nd in BSN. Got offered Brentford job in Lge 2, helped them survive relegation.

Season 3 - Got sacked with Brentford bottom of League 2. Got offered Swindon job in Lge 1. Looked to be sending them to Lge 2, and gave up.

Now, a manager who had essentially failed at every level except the Blue Square North should not be getting offered jobs at higher levels. Perhaps a job at the same level, fine, but higher level?

Possibly, but frankly, if no-one was offering me jobs, I don't think I'd continue the game. Some slight changes, I had one game which I had intended to make a real challenge, starting unemployed with automatic experience.

Season 1 - Instantly offered Chester job. Got relegated.

Season 2 - Took Chester to 2nd in BSN. Got offered Brentford job in Lge 2, helped them survive relegation.

Season 3 - Got sacked with Brentford bottom of League 2. Got offered Swindon job in Lge 1. Looked to be sending them to Lge 2, and gave up.

Now, a manager who had essentially failed at every level except the Blue Square North should not be getting offered jobs at higher levels. Perhaps a job at the same level, fine, but higher level?

Truth is I should NOT be getting offers in Europe yet because the success I have had in MLS might not be enough to turn heads, as it were. If this keeps up, I will have to re-think things. I am also the National coach of Israel, so European sides are getting to see me first-hand. I also schedule friendlies against Europeans. For us Americans, this is part of the fun of the game. I started out with a rather truthful Sunday League level reputation. I also started out in my native country, coaching my favorite team, the Kansas City Wizards. I would expect it to take time. If it didn't, I would think the game was being too kind...

Archived