Mods: Please can we have this cleared up?

Guest Shogizzle

Guest Shogizzle

Most of the information these discussions seems to relate to the demo, now we are on 10.2 a lot of the stats of players and there willingness to join certain clubs etc has changed rendering this useless. Please can you tidy up this section so that relevant information/discussions are available not what happened to someone in their demo game.

Thankyou.

Guest Shogizzle
I understand your frustration mate but to filter out and get rid of or move all information about demo games is a massive task. I think they'll knock you back on this one.

Thanks for the reply, im not a big user of forums like this so dont fully appreciate all the workings. I wonder would it not be possible in future to create a new board for information/discussions to be posted to when the game is updated so out of date info/posts can easily be distinguished?

Example: Im looking for a decent striker and if i look thru this forum most of what i get is info on players from the demo or 10.1 so when i go back to the game i find the player is not quite what was described. (yes i do understand that some people are talking about potential and some players need a lot of training etc)

Im not knocking anyone just making a suggestion that i hope may be found useful.

Guest Shogizzle

Thanks for bothering to read/reply SI. Seems the only time notice is taken of comments is when there is swearing or someone has a go at you.

Having a dig at SI: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183217 Response time = Less than 2 hours.

Using 'rude' language: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=166593 Response time = 18 minutes.....

Do you mean they should lock all threads every time a new patch comes out? Besides, a lot of people are still playing on the 10.1 database, so it is relevant for those people (me).

And the mods (this is really not the area for SI, even though you you seem to be upset with them not posting in your thread) aren't going to reply in every thread. Plus, you posted it in the middle of the (UK) night, on a work day. Mods are people too and won't be online at your demand.

There are still a huge number of people downloading the demo every day so posts referring to it are still very relevant, as are posts on all patch versions because many people prefer a particular version and stick with it in spite of further updates.

The proper solution is for users to display which version they're using (perhaps in their location)?

Can't see it happening though.

Your insuation on mods prioritising threads to respond to is paranoid to be frank.

We have lives, we need sleep, we are dotted around the globe and we also have forums which we are allocated to and therefore spend the bulk of our time on, at the same time we give other forums as much cover as we can ad hoc.

Also the sort of posts you refer to generally get reported and so are brought to all mods attention much quicker.

Guest Shogizzle

"Your insuation on mods prioritising threads to respond to is paranoid to be frank"

Dont see how you can say that seeing as how i backed up my claim with two examples and you further proved the point by replying to my above post (which i suppose you feel is 'Having a dig at SI') in 26 minutes, a full 6 days after the original post. I take your other points on board though.

As you say, the proper solution is for users to display which version they are using. Like i said at first would it not be possible to create a kind of 'sub-forum' for the different versions so that it is easier to get straight into the topics required? I know you probably think im a **** now and thats not what i set out to achieve (yep too late) BUT i do feel this is fairly good point im making and would hope it could be taken on board at your end.

Thanks for bothering to read/reply SI.

Another quick thing to clear up; the mods are not SI staff.

Your point about how quickly things are replied to -particularly when I'm logged on here and I'm supposed to be doing my real job, all I have time to do is go through my allocated forum and and check out reported posts. I'm guessing most of the other mods are in the same boat, and so rude/etc posts get responded to quicker.

Guest Shogizzle
Another quick thing to clear up; the mods are not SI staff.

Your point about how quickly things are replied to -particularly when I'm logged on here and I'm supposed to be doing my real job, all I have time to do is go through my allocated forum and and check out reported posts. I'm guessing most of the other mods are in the same boat, and so rude/etc posts get responded to quicker.

What a joke. Well done boys, pat on the back all round.

Delete my account, if you have time.

Have to agree with shogizlzle on this one.

Rude posts or posts having a dig at the game are absolutely, positively, 100% responded too very quickly by mods and to deny this makes you look silly to be honest. I would go and check some threads and you will see. Legitimate posts are constantly pushed down the pecking order because mods/representatives want to get into it with certain types of posts.

I have brought this up on a couple of occasions when discussions have started about how the forums could improve. I have never had a single response to it. :thup:

Then i go and look at a thread by a known troll/wind up/notorious poster and i see 3 mods/representatives getting into it with him/her. There not really being constructive, there just wasting there own time and everybody else's, trying to win an argument with somebody that will never ever listen to reason. Alot of ego is involved.

Seriously, when talking about cleaning up and improving the forums, take some constructive criticism on board and don't brush it under the carpet. :thup:

Rude posts or posts having a dig at the game are absolutely, positively, responded too very quickly by mods and to deny this makes you look silly to be honest. I would go and check some threads and you will see. Legitimate posts are constantly pushed down the pecking order because mods/representatives want to get into it with certain types of posts.

I think this has already been explained well enough. Posts which are reported to the mods are dealt with quickly because they have been alerted to them. Posts which are rude or include flaming of individuals are going to be reported, hence the quick respond time.

I think this has already been explained well enough. Posts which are reported to the mods are dealt with quickly because they have been alerted to them. Posts which are rude or include flaming of individuals are going to be reported, hence the quick respond time.

Somebody slagging off the game without swearing or being rude doesn't get reported, but there very, VERY quick to respond to that.

Read my above post.

• Administrators

Just because threads aren't responded to, doesn't mean they aren't being read. Sometimes an issue raised which may seem important to the user has been discussed numerous times before - we can't realistically reply to every single thread. However if someone gets abusive in a thread, it'll get reported and someone will have to go in and take a look. Even if not, if you come across it it's far easier to tell someone to stop being abusive and an idiot than it is to have a massive discussion about the game.

Saying that, where relevant we will most certainly try and have a say in threads. Thanks.

Just because threads aren't responded to, doesn't mean they aren't being read. Sometimes an issue raised which may seem important to the user has been discussed numerous times before - we can't realistically reply to every single thread. However if someone gets abusive in a thread, it'll get reported and someone will have to go in and take a look. Even if not, if you come across it it's far easier to tell someone to stop being abusive and an idiot than it is to have a massive discussion about the game.

Saying that, where relevant we will most certainly try and have a say in threads. Thanks.

You still haven't really responded to what i said.

Why do certain known infamous individuals get so much attention from mods, which, in turn leads to legitimate posts being pushed out of sight? I have watched 4 mods/representatives reply to one stupid post and basically argue and argue until there blue in the face with somebody that is well known for never listening, or hearing any sort of reason. It is just people being egotistical.

• Administrators
You still haven't really responded to what i said.

Why do certain known infamous individuals get so much attention from mods, which, in turn leads to legitimate posts being pushed out of sight? I have watched 4 mods/representatives reply to one stupid post and basically argue and argue until there blue in the face with somebody that is well known for never listening, or hearing any sort of reason. It is just people being egotistical.

No offence but I didn't feel I needed to, what gets responded to gets responded to. If there are valid threads we'll try our best to answer/discuss anything raised in there. In terms of looking out for specific users just for the sake of arguments, that's not something any of the Mods do on purpose. And we certainly don't try to push constructive criticism under the carpet - it just can be hard to find sometimes with the weight of all the other posts.

how ridiculous..

the forums are more then easy to traverse..

your looking for a striker? -- the relevent threads are easily found in the good players and team guide forum... its simple

and no, its about 5% relevent to the demo only... the rest is all up to date and more then clear...

get off your high horse and actually bother to look..

unbelievable arrogance and equal ignorance tbh

No offence but I didn't feel I needed to, what gets responded to gets responded to. If there are valid threads we'll try our best to answer/discuss anything raised in there. In terms of looking out for specific users just for the sake of arguments, that's not something any of the Mods do on purpose. And we certainly don't try to push constructive criticism under the carpet - it just can be hard to find sometimes with the weight of all the other posts.

None taken. But it is something i have brought up on numerous occasions and, like yourself, no mods/representatives have felt the need to respond to it, which, in itself, was a problem as i think it could certainly improve things and was definitely worth a mention.

• Administrators

Well honestly we do try and look at as much as we can, but as said - if there's really an issue or idea you feel very strongly about please feel free to send me a PM and I'll take a look. Cheers.

Archived