What happened to fair play?

I do see some awful throw ins and I always hope those are because of fair play. I haven't really seen an obvious example nor have I seen it mentioned in the commentary (that I don't always read).

Maybe throwing the ball back to the opposition was never put in the game and what i thought was fair play was in fact, a ridiculous throw in?

This really annoys me in 10.2. If the opposition are never going to throw the ball back, why do my players continue to put the ball out? Why don't I have any option to tell them not to? Seems like another poorly thought out addition to me.

So, any word from SI or the mods on this very reasonable question/thread? Or is it going to be, once again pushed down the pecking order and ignored for another ridiculous match fixing/claim thread.

On 10.1.1, my keeper was down injured, they played on and scored an easy goal :( Seems like players have no concience!

Think thats been sorted on 10.2 though.

not everyone is like paulo di canio of westham

stuff like that is rare in football and if the ref dont blow when keeper is down IRL most people will carry on

to be honest i have seen them give back the ball

but most fo the time no one kicks tha bll out if an opposition player is down

only world class teams does those things.. playing anything below that.. its like asking to win lottery, i remember when managing roma my team would always kick ball outside if someone got injury , my opposition wouldnt always do..

happens even less with weaker teams.. tho it happens now and then

If you see any instances where you believe they should throw back but aren't, please post the example in the bugs forum. Cheers.

The ball has never been thrown back that i have seen. I watch full to extended matches.

Surprised this hasn't been picked up on before.

Conversly, I had an opposition player down yet there team carried on playing (they were in their own half) they got the ball as far as my defensive mid, who won the ball played it forward and we scored. Well, if they were happy to play on with one of their players down, it's not my problem.

Archived