Memory Leak

There are ways to get around the memory leak problem. I still had problems with 10.2, but worked around with the feedback from the forums. However there are no guarantees my solutions works for you as there might be a chance you will not have problems. As SI says it differs for everyone's machine.

Could they make a game next year that works on everyone's PCs that hits the requirements? It's not a massive ask.

Considering how many different hardware/software combinations there are - it's almost impossible.

There are fixes for this in the latest patch but it's not possible to give you a 100% guarantee that it will work on your PC.

Has this problem been sorted yet?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RTG0KXQB730MM/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#RTG0KXQB730MM

I won't buy it until it has so I dont need to start again with a new patch in 2 months time, etc. I'd rather just buy it in 2 months, so can people let me know whether a fix exists yet?

Thanks!

Im still having the memory leak problem, if you have task manager open then you can check on the memory usage and then know when to save and restart. Thats the best i can do at the moment.

When I was working at SI last year Miles told me a bit about the information that was being collected on people's hardware. I think he said they'd encountered something like 1,500 different graphics configurations. The number might actually have been higher than that. Hopefully that gives you a small indication of how difficult it is.

Has this problem been sorted yet?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RTG0KXQB730MM/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#RTG0KXQB730MM

I won't buy it until it has so I dont need to start again with a new patch in 2 months time, etc. I'd rather just buy it in 2 months, so can people let me know whether a fix exists yet?

Thanks!

10.2 hasn't done anything for me.

Got the game for Christmas, and it crashed after my first ten minutes on it; I got one day simmed.

Brand new 4GB RAM, brand new 1GB GeForce 9500GT, brand new 1TB hard drive, and a fresh-out-of-the-oven install of Windows XP.

Could they make a game next year that works on everyone's PCs that hits the requirements? It's not a massive ask.

lol you really dont have a clue what you're talking about, do you?

Unfortunately it does seem to be a case of trial and error atm. Patches 10.1.1 and 10.2 seem to have fixed the problems for a lot of people, but then I have seen others who are still having trouble, and some who have only had problems since the last patch. All you can really do (apart from the stuff in the faq thread and the bugs forum) is try it and see.

Archived