International Call Up - Thanking Boss

Neji

Has this been changed in FM10?

It used to be that I would get thanked by the player for supporting them, but I only seem to see the International boss get thanked now.

The latest player has just had a call up and played his first game. I get the message that he thanks his international manager. Problem is, I snapped him up from relative obscurity. Took him to Scunthorpe and he was scoring a shed load of goals for me. I recently moved to Inter and took him with me. You would think I'd get some sort of thanks? :rolleyes:

I only bring it up because it used to be me that got thanked, then usually added to their 'Favored Personnel' section.

But you were not the one to take a chance on him at International Level, only put him in contention for selection. Unfair yes, but thats life!

I took a chance on him by bringing him to the PL, breaking my transfer record and wage structure :mad:

I'm not that bothered, it's just that it used to be that I would get thanks and now I don't. Just wondered if it had changed, or is it still possible to get thanks for the role you played?

I took a chance on him by bringing him to the PL, breaking my transfer record and wage structure :mad:

I'm not that bothered, it's just that it used to be that I would get thanks and now I don't. Just wondered if it had changed, or is it still possible to get thanks for the role you played?

What you should get thanks for is bringing a lower league player into the top league and giving him first team football, that I would agree with.

Precisely, it always used to be the club manager that got thanked for 1st cap and then the international manager for first international goal. Can't believe you get no praise anymore for getting him to that level.

So far the only thanks I've received is from a player that was injured the first half of the season (January until the end of July in MLS) and after playing a few games he publicly thanked me for my faith in him.

Still wasn't on his favored personnel list, though...

I also am annoyed with this and in truth a player will mention their club manager for helping to develop him. Also weird was on the last patch Craig Bellamy had me as favoured personnel even though I had him on the transfer list and never played him. It was like a weird alternate version of one of your players not thanking you for developing them into a star. It took a release by mutual consent to have me removed from Bellamy's favoured list. Very strange -- even as I was offering him a release he liked me. I never did anything for him -- he was on the team when I took over, I benched him, put him on the transfer list and played him twice off the bench. It sort of freaked me out, especially given the strange smile he had on his picture in my game. He sort of looked like a madman. Is this a Bellamy bug?

I've had a few players who've only added the international manager to favoured personnel, and some adding both me and the national boss.

Same here. Once I've been at the club for a while they tend to add me if they play/score for their national side for the first time. When I first joined the club though, obviously there was no need to thank me.

Archived