Are these countries part of Europe?

Serbia

Israel

Turkey?

I would search to see but i'd rather have a pointless discussion.. Also can anyone recommend any teams with a decent budget who I can push to be a champions league knockout stage regular? Like partizan or someone like that? But in europe which relates to my question..

Yes, those three are part of Europe (Israel and Turkey are geographically in Asia, technically, but for sporting purposes, they are considered European). I'd say that for a decent budget and a chance of pushing on in the Champions League or Europa League, you'd be better off looking at Turkey and choosing from Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe or Besiktas.

Yes, those three are part of Europe (Israel and Turkey are geographically in Asia, technically, but for sporting purposes, they are considered European). I'd say that for a decent budget and a chance of pushing on in the Champions League or Europa League, you'd be better off looking at Turkey and choosing from Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe or Besiktas.

I like the suggestion but i've decided I don't want to bother with Turkey.. I was thinking Maccabi Haifa (however it's spelt) or Partizan or someone like Monaco or get Ajax huge again..

Israel is geographically in Asia, but the Arab nations do not recognise it. The alternative is to force any Arab nations who are drawn to play Israel to forfeit their match. They won't let Israelites into their country.

How.. Peculiar.

Israel is geographically in Asia, but the Arab nations do not recognise it. The alternative is to force any Arab nations who are drawn to play Israel to forfeit their match. They won't let Israelites into their country.

The same with the Eurovision Songcontest, Isreal participates but it's not even part of Europe, but we tolerate people unlike the Middle East.

It's because as a religion, Islam is the most racist and bigoted there is. I really must stop myself from typing because I have a lot I could say on this matter!

Seriously? Your comment on racism and bigotry is ironically bigotted itself.:thdn:

You might want to actually research the Isreali-Palestinian/Arab conflict before you go off half-cocked. Without going into too much thread derailing detail, and attempting to be neutral, the conflict actually has more to do with the history of Isreal as a state and the politics involved than it does religion. Religion is just something that got thrown into it really and made the matter even more fraught. Also, if you look into the matter you'll see the animosity isn't one sided.

Getting back on track I'd go for an Isreali team. I've never managed there myself but they always seem to have some good youth prospects on my long term games. I tend to send a scout round a couple of times a season to keep an eye on things. Price wise the players tend to go for a reasonable amount if a bigger team gets interested.

The same with the Eurovision Songcontest, Isreal participates but it's not even part of Europe, but we tolerate people unlike the Middle East.

If you look at the Arab-Israeli conflict, you may see why these Arabic nations opt to boycott Israel.

For safety purposes, any match between an Arabic nation and Israel, in the unlikely situation it goes ahead, would likely have to be played behind closed doors in a neutral country.

The Arab-Israeli conflict has gone on for over a century now. It's too easy for people to point fingers and yell "Be more tolerant". It's unfortunately much, much more complicated than that.

As an aside, Cyprus and Armenia are part of Europe but outside the boundaries of Europe; Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Russia and Turkey are situated in both Europe and Asia.

Archived