Best Return To Old Club

Ok this happened to me recently and was a real kick in the teeth. So I had a fairly decent striker which I sold to another club in my league as I had signed a better player. So this new striker was playing great and I was very pleased about the change.....that was until the League Cup semi final at my home ground when I met up with my old striker and his new team. In the pre-match press conference I said i wasnt worried about my old striker and his presence on the pitch......big mistake!!!!!!

To my surprise he started on the bench and we were doing ok at 1-0 at half time, there was still no sign of him so I wasnt expecting him to have any impact whatsoever. After the break he came on as a sub in the 50th minute and I set my guys up to go in hard on him, from then on it was a nightmare, he scored a hattrick in the space of 20 minutes and got an assist in the 92nd minute to all but end my cup. To top it all off the player I replaced him with got injured in the first half, I later found out it was a broken leg and he would be out for months. But wait....thats not the best part, my ex player was named player of the month for that month!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!

Who else has had an ex player come back and haunt them.

Hi

that happened when i was annan fc i sold liam fox to forfar for 1k then i had to beat forfar to get into the playoff spots, so it was drawing at the half time then liam fox came on and he set up 2 goals with brilliant passes.

But the thing is he was crap at my team.:mad:

When offering out players if I can I reject offers from the same league. Didn't save me once on 09 when I sold Vela to Inter. He got a couple of goals to beat me in a close high scoring super cup game and the following season, helped them take me apart easily in the CL final. That took their record against me to 6 wins and a draw (in the 1st game). However I got revenge by edging them out in the following year's final (stopping them from doing 3 in a row, and starting my own hat-trick of titles) and won 9 of the 11 times we met Inter (can't remember how many Vela was in) until the end of that save so I definitely came out on top in the end.

I haven't really had a player come back to haunt me, but I do enjoy looking at my old transfers and checking out their value to make sure they dropped and kick myself when they rise in value. I also enjoy it when they become absolute rubbish.

I sold a player from my team to another team in the MLS

We are leading 4-0 at Half Time and the old player for us comes on as a Sub for them at the 50th minute. By this time we are now winning 5-0. He sets up 3 goals in the space of 20 minites and scores 1, we just about win 5-4! I was like WTF!

You made your mistake when you made the pre match talk about him.

Ex player + Probably professional/determined player + SI's incredibly touchy media/match talk coding = unrealistic 20 min hattrick. :D

My dad once sacked a youth player at age 17 because he thought he would be crap. About 10 seasons later Italy was in the World Cup Qualifiers and a debutant striker (who was playing abroad in Germany) scored a couple of goals. His name for some reason looked very very familiar to me.

I checked his stats and he was that very youth player my dad fired 10 seasons earlier. He was 26 years old, and had fantastic attributes! Late bloomer... :D

He cost 5-6 mil so I decided to sign him for my Inter side.

He went on to have 6-7 seasons with my Inter side and the Italian National team and even won a FIFA player of the year award.

He also had a knack of scoring goals against my dads Napoli side, the very youth team that he played for and his city of birth.

Sorry Dad! :p

Archived