Can't take the long shots anymore....

That would be far less painful that conceding loads of them every game. I'm more scared when a player gets space 20-30 yards out than I am when he goes clean through on goal! It's the same regardless of league, I've had it in the Premiership and the Blue Square South!

In my current game with Leeds, I've not seen many long shot goals against me, barring a couple that weren't that unusual.

However in my previous save, the last 4 players who scored from over 25 yards against me had long shots ratings of 4, 5, 3 and 9 respectively. Now I know everyone can score long shots given the right situation, but these all happened to be equalisers or winning goals. That's not quite right.

Not complaining though, it usually evens itself out over a couple of seasons.

I can say that most of my concedes are from long shot and those are "that's his 1st goal of the season" or "that's his first ever goal for the team".

There are also a lot of woodwork, crossbar, post... while one on one fails to score most of the time.

I realize that these things balanced out the final results but just hope that they are in the right proportion.

I can say that most of my concedes are from long shot and those are "that's his 1st goal of the season" or "that's his first ever goal for the team".

There are also a lot of woodwork, crossbar, post... while one on one fails to score most of the time.

I realize that these things balanced out the final results but just hope that they are in the right proportion.

I don't think it's balanced when I viewed an Arsenal (3)- Sunderland (5) match which ended up having 8 goals scored. Most of the goals scored were long shots (about 80%).

I am really irritated now just after conceding 2 screamers from players having LS skill of 12 and 5 in a match. You should see the banana shot Agbonlahor did(LS skill 5).

It is funny to see my Paloschi who has finishing 16 and composure 18 cannot even target the goal from the penalty box. It is easier to score from long range than 1on1. SIGH

I play on commentary and did not realy notice at first but it has now become apparant! Yeah too many - but I guess we only notice when we concede goals and not when we score from long rangers. But as seems the case with goals from corners (headers) last year you could score loads from the 'cheat' set up, this year I rarely score from corners and have tried every possible method. So what I'm saying is it may go from one extreme to another and in the next patch we may see a long ranger every blue moon! :)

I have managed in five different league so far and I haven't seen the large number of long range goals that other people talk about.

neither have i strangely, although if i score them and the AI does as well then whats the problem?

maybe some people want an easier game.....cm perhaps?!?

When a FM manager cannot come to the fact that, his team is useless and his tactics just are not quite there yet, ;) He blames longshots :D

I am 2012 in one saves, 2011 in another and just started one in Conference, and I am yet to see this mythological long shot every 2 minutes in-game time :D

I think many people do want an easier tactical part of the game yes, CM might be pushing it a bit but if they ever do get their act together we might see lots leaving the FM title.

but i think that its the more advanced tactical system that will keep "buyers".

for instance - i have cm and started a game as everton - within 2 days of game time i had baptista up front and had sold hibbert for £4.5m. now on fm this isnt possible and i would say more realistic. - if i wanted to win "easily" i'd play fifa on amateur, football management isnt easy and i'm glad that it isnt in this version

but i think that its the more advanced tactical system that will keep "buyers".

for instance - i have cm and started a game as everton - within 2 days of game time i had baptista up front and had sold hibbert for £4.5m. now on fm this isnt possible and i would say more realistic. - if i wanted to win "easily" i'd play fifa on amateur, football management isnt easy and i'm glad that it isnt in this version

I don't think anyone who's ever played FM would want the whole game made easier, but frankly when the game was "less realistic" in the past it was more enjoyable because it made me feel like I could manage a team to success, now it just makes me feel frustrated.

I don't think anyone who's ever played FM would want the whole game made easier, but frankly when the game was "less realistic" in the past it was more enjoyable because it made me feel like I could manage a team to success, now it just makes me feel frustrated.

but could you realistically "take over" man utd or chelsea and win the league?

but could you realistically "take over" man utd or chelsea and win the league?

It's all about the game making you feel better than you are. In real life I would be an awful football manager but on my laptop I could take my home town club to silverware. Now the game just confirms you are a bad manager.

Completely agree, players are more likely to score a 25 yard shot than a 1-on-1!

No matter what level of football I manage at (Premiership or Blue Square North) I get on average, one 25 yard goal a match either for me or against me, JOKE!

i've been in League 2, League 1, Italy, Premiership and the Championship and i've seen them everywhere i go. Can't seem to stop them.. I make a few, but i've conceided waaaaaay more. The 1 on1's are just as bad. When i see my guy 1 on 1, i know he's gonna hit it right at the keeper. Frustrating :(

PaulC has stated (sorry I don't have a link) that the next patch will aim to reduce the number of long shot goals by 20%. This is pretty clear evidence that there are too many long shot goals. I'm not sure if this means reducing the number of shots or reducing their effectiveness or both (it annoys me that players who have acres of space to move forward into and/or better-placed options to pass to still choose to shoot from 35 yards - the fact that they then have a decent chance of scoring doesn't make it much better).

Archived