Old players stats

Hi !

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when players get older (When pace stat is dropping a lot), the other stats increases !

I usually choose a player by some of his stats. For one of my player (33yo), he had 10 in crossing, 7 in long shots, 10 in off the ball, etc, and 7 in pace. One year later (34yo), these stats are now 12, 9, 12 and 5 (Some others stats increases too).

I don't remember the same in FM09 and previous versions, where there was only decreasing stats (Which I think is more real).

It happens with all versions of FM2010 (with and without the 10.0.1 patch), and with and without using the editor.

Is this a bug ?

PS : before reaching 30yo, when sometimes the Pace stat begins to drop a little, the other stats drop too, like in FM2009 and previous versions. It only happens when players are really old, making sometimes them being better (Except for pace stat).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

Now, I'm sure it is a bug. Here is a screen of my oldest player in the team :

crazy-1613aed.jpg

Technical and mental stats are becoming way too high (I'm ok with physical stats btw).

I have no screen from one year earlier, but some of his stats were these :

Passes (Passing) : 15 (-2)

Tacles (Tackling) : 5 (-3)

Têtes (Heading) : 8 (-2)

Anticipation : 12 (-3)

Appels de ball (Off the ball) : 9 (-3)

Collectif (Collective) : 13 (-3)

Créativité (Creativity) : 14 (-2)

Placement (Positioning) : 9 (-3)

My training tactics aren't exceptionnal, I use FMRTE only to see some hidden stats (CA and PA) so no editing. Database was edited to include a real CFA, and CFA2 and DH leagues (French leagues), but this bug (Because it's one for me !) occurs even with original database.

Younger players stats improve only a little (+1 for some stats in one year), and "early-30yo" players stats decrease a little. But for 33yo player or older, stats become crazy (with +2 or +3 in a year for many stats)... As you see in the picture, with lots of green arrows.

What do you think ?

For mods : since it really seems to be a bug now, can you move this thread in the bug section please ? Thanks by advance.

I found an earlier save of my game : these are the player stats' one year before (And a bit before the stats I wrote in the previous post. Here you can see nearly every technical and mental stats have improved...

crazy-old-163248c.jpg

I believe the key issue here is how heavily the physical attributes are weighed; Landon Donovan, for instance, should have a 20 for stamina and likely an 18 or 19 for pace. Doing so, however, completely guts his other stats; so even though he has a PA in the 160 range, anything outside of his physical attributes will be sub-15.

In this case, it looks as though SI was trying to balance the loss of physical attributes with a loss in CA, by having gains in mental categories offset the decrease in athleticism, otherwise the player's CA decrease would be pretty significant. I'm currently experiencing this with my team right now, as I have Savio and Antoine Sibierski on my squad and their physical stats are dropping fast, to the point where I can't expect them to ever play a full game and still have at least 70% of their fitness. I've mentioned it before elsewhere, but I believe SI would be better served by changing what stamina represents; rather than have it measure how long a player can last in-game, it should impact how long it takes a player to recover post-game. There's still plenty of players in real life aged 35+ that can play a full 90 minutes, yet that's almost impossible in the game.

FM already has an attribute to control how much they recover post game - Natural Fitness. The problem is that it probably should be natural fitness to diminish faster post 30 instead of stamina, and that is not the case in the game. (Actually I think that Natural Fitness doesn't go down much at all, due to not being tied to CA).

I've noticed this too.

I bought Brian McPhee who used to play for Queens Park in the Scottish 3rd just cos I used to go to the games and he was a God for them 15 years or so ago. He was unattached and I thought I'd boost his pension fund till he retired. He was 39 when I bought him and 41 when he retired but his stats rocketted over those 2 years. If he could have got above walking pace on his zimmer he would have been worth 3 million by the time he was put out to stud.

No offense Brian but as good as he was in the scottish 3rd I don't remember him reaching the dizzy heights he did in my save by any stretch. What amused me was he had no pace at all by the end but amazing skills. IRL 15 years ago he was lethally quick but he often gave the impression that he hadn't actually seen a football before let alone kicked one in anger.

racette I don'T believe this is a bug.. I think I love the new way of compensation... As I'm playing in amateur side and I don't have money for good regens I'm using old players and I just wanted to play with them until they retire in FM08 and 09 and this was not happened in that edition but now they physically not well but really good for my league...

Haha. Did her technical stats increase at least?

They do with age I am sure!!!

So isnt FM just mirroring RL??

IMO its no reason to complain, enjoy the better stats and find a position to suit the less physically strong player!

Archived