Achieving World Class Status

Hey everybody this is my first forum post :D. But anyway, I know most of us probably aspire to reaching world class status in the manager screen. I was just wondering how the rest of you found it? Im in my 3rd season with Leeds Utd, I won League One and the JPT in my first year, (101 points and 99 goals to win league one) and in my second year i finished 17th in the championship... yet I'm now a world class manager. I dont get it lol. It shouldnt be that easy surely? Maybe the fact i knocked out Liverpools first team and West Brom (who were in the EPL again at this ppoint) out of the league cup in the second year helped.

Personally i like the "untouchable" status on the job centre screen :-)

But yeah world class seems a bit too easy to reach. i won the championship with newcastle and i was considered world class.

I wouldnt really consider Mick McCarthy world class irl!

Untouchable is awesome, although a hefty string of bad results (about 10 straight loss's) would sort that out :p

Welcome to the forums :thup:

I never realised you could be considered World Class when you manage below the Premiership. That is very odd, as only the very best Premiership Managers should be considered so. Ferguson, Benitez, Wenger and Ancelotti - can't see anyone below that.

Well done anyway :D

it could also depend on what you started as, if you start as continental (International Footballer) then a win of a league or cup puts you up another stage usually which in this case would mean going from continental to world class.

it could also depend on what you started as, if you start as continental (International Footballer) then a win of a league or cup puts you up another stage usually which in this case would mean going from continental to world class.

This is the reason tbh. You put your previous experience as international, meaning it's very easy to become world class.

I set my previous experience to "Automatic", which gave me Continental experience to start (I assume its random). Although I'm known as "Legendary Manager", my reputation is still "Continental" after winning a league and 6 cups.

I'm sure it must just be the international footballer makes it very easy to move up.

i start at sunday league footballer, win the EPL CL and Fa cup at man utd at the 1st season, and i am at continental

after that i add a manager to kick capello out of england before world cup start, and retire, and i apply for the job, get it, win the WC using england and become world class :p

Archived