Sell Robert Enke?

Signed Robert Enke from Hannover for free during my second season with Newcatle..starting 3rd season soon while recently Robert have passed away just wondering anyone will continue to play him or sell him as a respect to this player?

I an managing Bayern and he was already at the club when I joined in 2013, my first signing for Bayern was Oscar Ustari and as Enke was nearing the end of his contract I made the decision to allow him to leave and pursue a career elsewhere as he was not going to be any more than backup for me at Bayern. After he left I shortlisted him so I could keep an eye on how his career played out and he was quickly picked up by Hoffenheim. The odd thing is his squad status at Hoffenheim is set as 'hot prospect for the future'....he's 36 in my game:confused:

slipknot, it's an omen. In the future, he will return. And he will be hotter than ever.

I think you might be not too far off the mark with that prediction tbh, I'm half expecting my team to be held at bay single handedly by him any time we play against them now...it always seems to be the case that ex players of mine always get motm against my team once they've moved on to a different club in the same league as me.

Personally, I find it really difficult seeing players in the game who've passed on. It's just such a tragedy that things like this have to happen. However, I do prefer them not to be in my game if something like this has happened. I just feel more... comfortable that way. I guess, ultimately, I just don't like being reminded of it while playing.

I probably wouldn't sell him, though. But if I was starting a new game, I'd edit the database.

I haven't ever had him on my team but if I did I'd keep him for as long as I would play him regularly and move him on just after so he could make the most of his career, including as a coach if it came to that after retirement, no matter how low his stats. For me helping him to as full a career as possible is the best way to honour him.

Archived