Zavvi are not serious!

ioan

Hello everyone,

I pre-ordered the game at zavvi on the 2nd of october. On the 29th of october my credit card has been charged with three times the price for the game. After that, Zavvi sent me an email telling me that they're sorry, that it has been an error and that in 48 hours the situation will be remediated. They also mentioned that in maximum 10 working days the game will arrive to destination. My money are still blocked (a sum equal to twice the price they sell the game) and, above all this, we are now on the 10th of november and the game did not arrive yet. I mention that I ordered it from Romania, where I live actually.

What can I say, I am very dissapointed with zavvi and it's the last time I will buy anything from them. So, my advice to you is to keep away from zavvi, especially if you order outside UK.

:thdn:

"Zavvi?? The same people that went bust?? You reap what you sow I am afraid. There are plenty of other reputable companies you could have ordered from."

What a load of tosh. If you actually bothered to read the business pages from time to time, you'd know that the main reason Zavvi went under is because they lost their main supplier in Entertainment UK, who were owned by Woolworths. It sounds like they've had a glitch with their ordering system for some people, hundreds of others used them successfully. They're not the only retailer that have had problems with computer systems.

I don't think it's fair to slam a company for a cockup with the delivery or charging, it's if they fail to resolve the issue that you should complain. I've yet to see anyone say that Zavvi wont reimburse them for the overcharge, and I highly doubt the fact that a game is taking a long time to reach Romania is Zavvi's fault, if they've dispatched the game it's out of their hands.

I ordered on the 2nd of October and got my game delivered one day after the release. (in Cardiff)

I would have thought that you would have got your before I got mine considering I live in Scotland.

I preordered my copy off zavvi in September and received it on Monday 9th, so six working days after release. I live in Australia (and not in the city so that adds extra days to delivery) so I’m pretty pleased with that. The game also cost me $32 AU, whereas it retails in EB/GAME (the 'cheapest' game retailers in my town) for about $90-100 AU. Given the saving I made and the relatively quick delivery, I’m very happy with Zavvi. Shame others aren’t having the same experience, but for those saying “you should have bought off steam” etc etc, have you forgotten about all those who bought through steam complaining last year? The fact is that there is no retailer or online seller that will be 100% effective/efficient. Some customers will be the ones having the ‘bad luck’, but I don’t think you can slam a company unless they don’t admit there error and agree to fix it up.

Deserves people right for being cheap and putting a small price difference before the quality of service

It's not the service. Once they've sent the item out, it's clearly out of their hands and in the posession of the postal service they've chosen, in this case Royal Mail, who did warn of items going missing due to the backlog.

Blame Royal Mail, not Zavvi.

I received my copy only the day after release, as did quite a few others.

It's not the service. Once they've sent the item out, it's clearly out of their hands and in the posession of the postal service they've chosen, in this case Royal Mail, who did warn of items going missing due to the backlog.

The delivery service is still part of their overall service

After seeing all their stores close because of financial problems I really carnt understand why anybody would buy anything from them, especially off the internet. Was there nowhere else you could of ordered the game?

The company that now uses the Zavvi name online is entirely unrelated to the chain of stores that existed up to last year, so the history of the store is irrelevant. (and in any case, as somebody has mentioned, it wasn't their fault that they went under)

My game arrived on release day... cos I went and bought it from Game and delivered it to my house myself.

Well that is why I am still waiting for the game, but concerning the money they blocked by error is still Zavvi's fault. Here is the message I got from them:

"We are sorry but due to a technical error the payment for your order may show on your payment card statement or account more than once. This has been investigated and can confirm that the subsequent charge that is showing will expire within 48 hours and you will only be charged once.

We apologise for any inconvenience or confusion that this may cause."

I was forced to go to the bank and make a referral in order to regain on my credit card the extra money they charged by error for the game (they charged me three times the price for the game).

Anyway, even with the postal strike from Royal Mail, it still has passed more then 10 working days from the day they've dispatched the game up till now and is their duty to check up the process of delivery, once I've announced them about the problem.

Archived