coaches

Yes, it's possible to hire a former player with poor coaching attributes and they will improve over time. I hired Totti as a coach with Roma even though he was pretty crap, 3 years later he left to take over Cagliari and had pretty good stats.

Yeah what Nomis said.

Its a great feature, I have Ryan Giggs, Makkelke or however you spell it and a few other former players you had some good states on coacing but they improve fairly fast.

Some become great coaches/managers

Originally posted by kkas:

Just a quick question: do coaches skills like tactics, set pieces or attacking improve the with time?

Coaches have a PA as well, and if it is quite high, they tend to improve extremely quickly. Of course, there is no way of seeing this before youget the coach (without cheating).

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kkas:

Just a quick question: do coaches skills like tactics, set pieces or attacking improve the with time?

Coaches have a PA as well, and if it is quite high, they tend to improve extremely quickly. Of course, there is no way of seeing this before youget the coach (without cheating). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know the potental of a coach?

unlike players we can imagine their PA as per Scout reports, but there arent such thing for coach, or dose it?

Originally posted by chengharry:

unlike players we can imagine their PA as per Scout reports, but there arent such thing for coach, or dose it?

Football Manager Modifier (FMM) give CA/PA for all people included in the games, even us.

Happy-slappy, was Bonano not that Argentinian guy that used to be Barcas GK?

Originally posted by chengharry:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kkas:

Coaches have a PA as well, and if it is quite high, they tend to improve extremely quickly. Of course, there is no way of seeing this before youget the coach (without cheating). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know the potental of a coach?

unlike players we can imagine their PA as per Scout reports, but there arent such thing for coach, or dose it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FMM or Genie Scout, both cheating of course. All personnel in the game have CA and PA, I think.

I have just checked the PA of myself and it is measured at 165. This is my most successful save to date having won Serie A, Italian cup and champions league twice each in 3 seasons. why am i limited like this or does it not really mean anything. I am described as world class.

Coaches can improve just like players up to the age of about 50, when they peak. There are some great ex=players who have modest attributes as rookie coaches but do go on to be immense. I have high hopes for my new attack/shooting coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!

I'm in a 2033 save that was uploaded as a challenge, there's quite a few interesting old players as staff. Alan Smith as Man Utd manager is a good one.

Also:

Jari Litmanen: Coventry AssMan

Toldo: Cremonese AssMan

Poborsky: Owns a Czech Club as chairman

Darren Anderton: A physio. Seems apt.

Teddy Lucic: Lewes AssMan

Mark Schwarzer: Australia Manager

Solskjaer: Colchester Coach

Demis Nikolaidis: Chairman of AEK

David Unsworth: Hartlepool Manager

Thomas Sorensen: Sunderland Manager

Van Bommel: Coach at Stevenage (why bother?)

Karagounis: Just been sacked as Perugia manager

Zurawski: MK dons manager

Phil Neville: Wrexham AssMan

Kevin Kilbane and John Terry: Man U Coaches

Luke Young: Northampton Manager

Lauren: Cameroon Manager

Landreau: France Assman

Gareth Barry and Gary Naysmith forming a management team at Grimsby

Craig Gordon: Scotland Manager

There are many more, it is quite fun to look at.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Coaches can improve just like players up to the age of about 50, when they peak. There are some great ex=players who have modest attributes as rookie coaches but do go on to be immense. I have high hopes for my new attack/shooting coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!

He turns out really good and has resigned each time I resign to follow me, unfortunately i took a step down from Barca to VFB and now can't afford his wages.

The one thing that irritates me about coaches is their lack of interest in their favoured clubs, I tried to sign Deco for Barca (they were listed as his favourite club), but he refused every time, opting to stay with Sociedad icon_confused.gif

To add to the list Stale Solbakken is now manager of Man Utd and Patrick Vieira was god awful as Schalke manager. I was quite pleased to see Thomas Linke appointed as FC Bayern manager in 2018, I managed them from the start of the game and he was a 38 yr old CD att he time icon_smile.gif He retired at the end of that season and I hired him as a coach, when I left he became Ass Man to Mihajlovic and now he is leading them in Europe.

Archived