Noobish question- How do Brothers play with only 1 disc and two computers?

The only problem with you both using the same Steam account is that, say when your logged in, and then your brother logs in too, you get logged out. Which if im not mistaken means you cant save the game :(

you log on again and show him who is boss ;)

dont know if it will work, but if your computer is networked together then just make your cd/dvd drive that has the disc in it available on the network. or if its anything like it use to be when u had to have to disc in the drive to run the game, then its only needed to start the game off. so start one, then put disc in other comp and start that one. i know this because i use to listen to my cd's at the same time as playing the game. but thats in the old days of CM and small HDD's. lol

I'd suppose the only option is to share the computer or buy two discs. One brother might be relegated to using the demo if both of you want to play at the same time. Bottom line - stop being cheap.

You absolute idiot! How is owning at least two household computers or laptops 'cheap', since the early days it has been acceptable to install the game on a number of computers and naturally since technology has evolved and in attempts to counter mass piracy systems such as steam have been introduced. Yet why is it 'cheap' for two brothers, who share the same house have to go and spend potentially £60 for 2 discs of the same game? Who’s to say that a family in current times cannot afford to spend £60 on two of the SAME game?

If i spend £150 on windows software and want to put it on my laptop or on my office computer does that make me cheap.

Grow up, you whinging imbecile and try and actually help and support people. IDIOT! :mad:

You absolute idiot! How is owning at least two household computers or laptops 'cheap', since the early days it has been acceptable to install the game on a number of computers and naturally since technology has evolved and in attempts to counter mass piracy systems such as steam have been introduced. Yet why is it 'cheap' for two brothers, who share the same house have to go and spend potentially £60 for 2 discs of the same game? Who’s to say that a family in current times cannot afford to spend £60 on two of the SAME game?

If i spend £150 on windows software and want to put it on my laptop or on my office computer does that make me cheap.

Grow up, you whinging imbecile and try and actually help and support people. IDIOT! :mad:

No point of that is there i wouldnt pay £60 for the same game.

Not possible. The game can only be active on one machine at a time.

Actually as long as you have activated it on both from Steam you create a shortcut on both your desktops for C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\fm.exe and use that shortcut to play the game

Using this method will start the game without running steam meaning you can both play at exactly the same time

OR

You could set Steam to run offline so that signing in won't interact with their server meaning you can also sign in on another computer with exactly the same details

Either way ... good times ;)

Have fun! laters :thup:

Reported btw.

It's not at all important if it makes you cheap or not.

It certainly makes you violate copyright and the license agreement. It makes you a pirate. Nothing more, nothing less. :thdn:

Reported btw.

It certainly makes you violate copyright and the license agreement. It makes you a pirate. Nothing more, nothing less. :thdn:

Read the link i posted, its not

Counting users and computers, this is just crazy... Can I play on my two computers? I want to play the game on a desktop computer at home and on a laptop at the university. :) If I have to buy the game twice, I'm sure I won't buy it at all.

Counting users and computers, this is just crazy... Can I play on my two computers? I want to play the game on a desktop computer at home and on a laptop at the university. :) If I have to buy the game twice, I'm sure I won't buy it at all.

Yes you can. You just can't run it on both at the same time.

Yes you can. You just can't run it on both at the same time.

You certainly can. I refer you to my previous post

Actually as long as you have activated it on both from Steam you create a shortcut on both your desktops for C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\fm.exe and use that shortcut to play the game

Using this method will start the game without running steam meaning you can both play at exactly the same time

OR

You could set Steam to run offline so that signing in won't interact with their server meaning you can also sign in on another computer with exactly the same details

Either way ... good times ;)

Have fun! laters :thup:

Reported btw.

Oh get a life. What a childish and moronic thing to do. Reporting someone for piracy just because they want to play it with their brother. Grow up.

Okay guys thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if ive said something actually thats 'bad'. Ive heard the word Piracy used.. and i dont really know what to say to that...a bit disapointed.

I bought 09 from steam for myself and didnt know you could share it(once it think it said). Ive bought a few football manager games but i know theres people who get the games in some crazy ways. Is it really 'piracy' to share it once?

Okay guys thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if ive said something actually thats 'bad'. Ive heard the word Piracy used.. and i dont really know what to say to that...a bit disapointed.

I bought 09 from steam for myself and didnt know you could share it(once it think it said). Ive bought a few football manager games but i know theres people who get the games in some crazy ways. Is it really 'piracy' to share it once?

No it isn't, ignore some of the sadites on here. It's not legal per se but everyone has done that with games since they were first available for the pc.

It's certainly not piracy in any way that would get you into any trouble.

And by the way, two brothers could just download the game illegaly from anywhere (I guess so, I'm not planing to do that nor do I know how to)... Is that what you want? Then let them play the game and be thankful to them for buying it. Two discs for two brothers, this is just ridiculous, even when piracy leaves companies without a choice.

Maybe in a few years, if two brothers will want to watch the same movie, they will have to buy two DVDs so that both of them will have their own licence... And if not, someone will call them pirates.

Buying the game twice for use in the same household is an utter waste of money, and its greedy for companies to expect people to do that. 10 years ago games developers would not have had a problem with this, indeed they would expect it to happen. Hopefully they still do.

If they lived in different houses then fair enough, but not the same house.

Just but two disks its not that expensive considering you both have laptops which can run the game in the first place!!!

I'm sorry that is a very ignorant way of looking at it.

Do you have £25 -£30 of disposable income to spend on a bit of software you already own?

Buying the game twice for use in the same household is an utter waste of money, and its greedy for companies to expect people to do that. 10 years ago games developers would not have had a problem with this, indeed they would expect it to happen. Hopefully they still do.

If they lived in different houses then fair enough, but not the same house.

It's a single-user license, and pretty darn common across games and software.

That's pretty much the end of the discussion.

Archived