red cards

If this has been a thread already I am sorry but when I searched the fourms it just said red is to short word.

Back on topic and I am managing newcastle and I am getting quite a lot of red cards then I did in fm 09 so my 2 questions are:

1) Is this going to be the same in the full version of the game?

2) Has anyone else had many red cards in there game?

Thanks in advance :thup:

I think the number of straight red cards given might need toned down a bit. I signed Sol Campbell for Liverpool in the demo and he got a straight red in his first league game, served his suspension and then got another one in the first game back! I havent changed the tactics all that much just using a 442 and everything else on default. Campbell isn't a particularly aggressive player irl is he?

I've noticed a lot for my opponents, I just got through half the season with Chelsea and only received one red myself (Essien), but I would say my opposition were brandished 5-6 or so. I played against a lot of teams where I had the man advantage...

Red Cards are ridiculous for me. I'm in april and I have 8 red cards, leading the league. Man utd are 2nd with 5. Arsenal and Chelsea both have 4 for 3rd place.

I also get frequent messages from my reserves and youth about red cards. ALL the time. In FM09 I rarely got any red cards.

Guess that's what I get for loving Liverpool. The footy gods hate us right now.

Red Cards are ridiculous for me. I'm in april and I have 8 red cards, leading the league. Man utd are 2nd with 5. Arsenal and Chelsea both have 4 for 3rd place.

I also get frequent messages from my reserves and youth about red cards. ALL the time. In FM09 I rarely got any red cards.

Guess that's what I get for loving Liverpool. The footy gods hate us right now.

Yep - same here.

Managing Newcastle - Nolan (2), Simpson, Steve Taylor (2), Smith (not surprising though, that one!), Guthrie all sent off in a period of about 15 matches.

That is surely way over the top? Their tackling is on normal, and I don't tell them to 'Get Stuck In'!

Think it needs tweaking...

I probably have to agree here. 3 reds for me and I've only played 9 games

I'm not sure if it's to do with the ass man always telling my players to tackle the oppo hard in the 'oppo instructions' but I've stopped asking for him to set these now.

Ah, yeah - you've got a point there!

I've been a bit lazy and have trusted Chrissy Hughton to advise on that! Maybe he's telling them to hoof everyone up in the air!

I'll check tonight...

The number of red cards in fm10 are consistent with the average figures for number of red cards shown in real life

With the greatest of respect, I don't agree with that at all.

Should I post a save game or something so you can have a look at what's happening?

It's pretty much every other game someone walks...

Im also newcastle on my save.

have seen a ridiculous amout of red cards including 3 in one match away to ipswich.

barton smith and carrol all sent off same match. luckily i was 1 0 up when they all were sent off and manged to hold on.

collocini been sent off 3 times this season.

very unrealistic and definatly a bug IMO

I'm glad this is getting some more attention from the posters... I really believe this is an issue. I just had Torres sent off in the 11th minute against Wigan. His next match back he gets sent off again. Really? And no, they were not "getting stuck in" and no his tackling was not on "hard."

I'm glad this is getting some more attention from the posters... I really believe this is an issue. I just had Torres sent off in the 11th minute against Wigan. His next match back he gets sent off again. Really? And no, they were not "getting stuck in" and no his tackling was not on "hard."

Do you let the ass man do the oppo instructions?

I play on normal tackling but my players get so many yellow cards it's unbelievable, mostly resulting into red

when watching it in 3D and see those so called fouls you don't get why they're shown a card, because they just take the ball in front of him without tackling :/ or your forward makes an 'attacking' foul and gets a card

it's not only in my games but in the AI's too, thought at first it was just for me but when it was loading I saw I wasn't even in the top 5 with yellow cards -_-

I get an insane amount of red cards on my game.

Mascherano has 3 red cards in 7 games!

In total my team has recieved 7 red cards in the first 20 games. Seems a little excessive to me.

One thing I've noticed is that most of the red cards seem to be given around the 60 minute mark. Other than that I can't really detect a pattern. I don't let my ass man do the team talks, not all the players who get sent off are on hard tackling and I very rarely use "get stuck in".

Strangely enough my team's performance doesn't suffer with 10 men and none of the red cards have cost me points yet. Long may that continue!

My issue with red cards is that my player got sent off for a last man tackle 25yards from goal (which is fine because thats the rules.) But the computer team i was playing did the same last man tackle 8yards from goal as my striker was shooting, gave away a penalty and all he got was a yellow card. How can that be.

To the people who get too many red cards - Do you get your assistant to choose the opposition instructions? I noticed that when I ask him to do them, he basically wants my team to hack the hell out of everyone who isn't a defender.

Archived