"Play" bug

I'm not sure whether anyone else has noticed this, but I've encountered this problem about three times already (and I've only played one and a half demo saves). It happens at half-time; I do the team-talk, adjust the tactics and whatever, but the "play" buttons don't work. I press play, but the game remains stopped. Each time I've managed to get out of it by replaying previous events in the match, after which the freeze ends and the game starts again, but it seems that this could be deemed as somewhat problematic.

I'm not sure whether anyone else has noticed this, but I've encountered this problem about three times already (and I've only played one and a half demo saves). It happens at half-time; I do the team-talk, adjust the tactics and whatever, but the "play" buttons don't work. I press play, but the game remains stopped. Each time I've managed to get out of it by replaying previous events in the match, after which the freeze ends and the game starts again, but it seems that this could be deemed as somewhat problematic.

Maybe you should try pressing ''Confirm Tactics'' first, and after that ''Play''...

This is after I've already confirmed tactics. This isn't my first time playing FM, you know.

No need to be sarcastic. ;) I was just trying to help... But, since it's nor your first time playing FM, than I'm sure you'll figure out how to solve your problem. ;)

A variant on the problem has emerged yet again. The match concluded, but it didn't progress to the team talk screen. Initially, at the top-right-hand corner, it still for some bizarre reason had "Play". Whenever I pressed Play, all that would happen is that it switched to Pause.

Eventually, I tried doing what usually worked in the past, which is to play a highlight from earlier in the match. That managed to make "Team Talk" appear in the top-right-hand corner, but now it's stuck on that. Whenever I press "Team Talk", the "loading" cursor (the football) comes up for a split second, but then nothing happens. I can switch between the match screens and everything: basically, I can do everything except progress in the game.

cantprogress.jpg

This is not just something that I'm doing wrong: it is a bug of some sort.

Not something I have noticed. Is it league/team restricted? Have you played with different teams and had the same problem? Might make things easier for the SEGA guys if it is a bug. Might just be because you were playing against Ajax (sorry, from Rotterdam, Dutch joke lol)

Hmmm... I'm not sure where it's coming from, but it's definitely happening and it's not just that I've forgotten to click some button or something banal like that. I've played as Arsenal, Falkirk and Llanelli, and experienced problems in all three saves of the sort outlined in the first post of this thread.

Weird, not had the problem myself, I do remember a problem in the 09 version with penalty shootout that you had to press play twice to resume but no problems in the FM10 version........ as yet anyway.

Played the demo with 5 different teams in five different leagues and also nothing.

Weird, not had the problem myself, I do remember a problem in the 09 version with penalty shootout that you had to press play twice to resume but no problems in the FM10 version........ as yet anyway.

Played the demo with 5 different teams in five different leagues and also nothing.

yes I had that one too:thdn:

It's happened again, this time at half-time. It reached half-time, but it didn't automatically go to the team-talk screen as it usually does. I noticed that the top-right-hand corner button had "Team-Talk", so I clicked on it, and it took me to the team-talk screen... except it was the team-talk from the start of the match. The tactics screens were unavailable, so the only thing I could do was press "Play"... at which point the game refused to progress, yet again.

I have noticed this too but i cant remember how i managed to progress through..i certainly didnt have to go on holiday till the next day..instead of pressing the big button on the top right you can function through by clicking through various screens..i`ll report back

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've noticed that at the start of game and half-time (after confirming all teamtalks etc...) the match starts on pause, so you have to press space bar/continue to get it going. On previous versions it would just launch straight into the first/second half gameplay

Archived