How many hours have you done.

Additional footnote: The gf dislikes football. And always has a dig when I'm online blogging and using footie forums. She has no idea what FM is and I'm intending of keeping it that way.

hahahaha, what would she say if she found out??

hahahaha, what would she say if she found out??

I get stick for being online a lot and try to explain that's it no different to sitting in front of the tv and watching. She's got Strictly Come Dancing, and I got browsing.

Because I always play FM in windowed mode, she thinks its a browser/website (bless her).

In all honestly, she'd probably give me stick. Problem is that in the past (when I lived alone and she was at her mums) I had far more time to doss about and it was easy to have FM on all evening and just drop in and out of games. Honestly, I'm a mentalist with this game. I actually have my own press-conferences in my mind pre and post match. What? Stop laughing at me.

As others on this forum will no doubt confirm, the moment you live with someone you need to be ready to go 'out and about', so time spend mulling through the aisles at Boots cuts into my game playing time.

Thankfully, I work flexible hours and can leave work at 4:30pm (if I'm in early) and the other half sometimes works late shifts, so FM for me will live on and in healthy doses. Plenty of late nights on the cards I think between this month and the new year. Just wont be able to do those 12 hour sessions anymore.

I mean I could, but I'm certain I'd get dumped.

Seriously, if you gf watched soaps all day and never left the house you'd do the same thing.

I wish I was a student again ;)

I did a 27 hour LAN session once, only interrupted for two 15-minute pizza-fetching breaks. Started at 2pm when I got home at 5.30pm the next day I went to sleep instantly and slept for almost 18 hours. Was stuck in bed for a couple of days with the flu after that, and I'd never even managed to get my Everton team properly adapted to the Man United-esque formation I employed. Seemed like such a waste, especially now that the game is stuck on my laptop harddrive ... and yes, my laptop (& HDD) died shortly after.

The last LAN session I did was only about 12 hours and even then I didn't get my Arsenal team to play proper football (*cough* blame it on desperately trying to play the best football ever seen and incurring (not so) shock defeats against physical teams *cough*). I always fail miserably at multiplayer games because I rarely stick to my tried and tested methods - and because I rarely start out in a top division and thus have no idea which bargain Brazilians to snap up. Or maybe it's the lack of sleep.

Archived