What's The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Seen The A.I. do?

As above.

For me it would have to be Chelsea reaching the Champions League final in 2013, and the manager (can't remember who) playing their leading goal scorer in goal. Needless to say they got crushed. And they had two perfectly fit keepers on the bench all game!

Or the French manager getting fired after leading his country to a riveting victory over Spain in the World Cup Final, but I think that's a pretty common one.

Maybe not weird or funny, but annoying! is Man City asking how much I want for my top striker in the Jan window... every day.

So come, gather, tell your stories of the idiot A.I. and let's laugh at the computer's stupidity. :D

Newcastle signed an AMC from me about halfway through the summer transfer window. he'd been sat in the reserves for around a year, listed and set as "not needed" and was offered out plenty before anyone bought him. Before the window closed, Newcastle had offered him back to me no less than 4 times in different part-exchange deals...

Spanish runners-up and former champions Atlético Madrid sacking their manager and hiring Carles Puyol, who at the time had managed around 7 different clubs already and relegated some of them. With his tactics I'm not surprised at his managerial record. Atlético Madrid finished 16th that season, only saving themselves from relegation 1 game beforehand (Puyol had been fired halfway through the season). Maybe Puyol should just quit...

Catania's made a small fortune off of Roma's inability to decide whether or not Takayuki Morimoto is a fit for them. Three seasons ago, Catania sold Morimoto to Catania for something like 18 million; the following season, they bought him back for 6 million as Roma hadn't really played him. This season, I was looking to buy him for Fiorentina, and was outbid by Roma, who bought him for 18 million.

That may mean that I can get him cheaply next year, though.

I got fired after my first game in charge at a Brazilian Serie C club for losing 1-0 away against the runaway league leaders.It was the predicted result, they weren't our rivals and it didn't make a jot of difference to our league position. I just kind of assumed that the Chairman was in the same mould as Croydon Athletic's. :-S

The club went on to hire three more managers, sacking each in turn before year's end.

Craziness.

x42bn6, story on Carles Puyol reminds me of Mick McCarthy on my FM2006 save game. In that he managed Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and Aston Villa, and lasted less than a year in every job because he was sacked after taking each team from near the top to mid-table. He kept getting employed though.

Another story on here reminded me of my first Champions League win on FM2005 when Milan selected Dida to take their 6th penalty in the shoot-out. He chipped a dreadful shot right at my keeper and I won.

Others include going to 4-2-4 when leading 1-0, and subsequently conceding an equaliser. That happened a few times on FM2008. I also remember AI teams on FM2007 switching from 4-4-2 to the infamous 3-3-2-1-1 after a couple of minutes all because one of their players got injured.

Archived