pc specs for fm2010??

Processor should be fine. More RAM needed, as you say. On a 32 bit OS, anymore than about 3.5Gb will just be wasted.

Whats the difference between a 32 bit OS - to a 64 bit OS when playing FM?

I have a Triple Core 3Gig Ram but only on a 32 bit OS..will that have a big inpact on how the game will run?

Thanx in advance :thup:

The only real difference between 32 bit and 64 bit OS is that you can have more then 3.25 GB RAM on the 64 bit systems.

The problem with that is not all applications or games can run on 64 bit systems as they have problems with addressing more then 3.25GB RAM.

come on guys (motherboard permitting) atleast get your coms upto 2gb of ram

it's so cheap and less than the price of a game, and you will see a huge difference

tips on ram

check the max speed your motherboard can take for ram and the maximum amount it can handle

make sure if you have more than 1 ram stick you try to get the same make and speed ram. They have mhz speeds so 1gb @ 833mhz for instance ( 2 of the same chipsets work better than 2 different types)

you also need to check the pin type it slots into

the faster the speed obviously the better the performance but you need to make sure your motherboard accepts the speed first

change any part of your desktop hardware on a hard floor safely (on a carpet you need to be cautious or wear anti-static wrist bands)

2gb of ram on xp will run good, i'd aim for 3gb for vista though as that ~OS uses more ram than xp

i love fm but know virtually nothin about pc specs so i'll write down what i've got and could someone who understands it all tell me if its good enough and how many leagues/countries i could run!!???

processor = intel core 2 duo mobile processor p7350

operating system = windows vista home premium

memory = 4096mb ddr2 ram

hard drive = 250gb

optical drive = super multi dvd+rw

graphics card = intel centrino 2 integrated ( also have a sticker sayin graphics by nvidia)

i love fm but know virtually nothin about pc specs so i'll write down what i've got and could someone who understands it all tell me if its good enough and how many leagues/countries i could run!!???

processor = intel core 2 duo mobile processor p7350

operating system = windows vista home premium

memory = 4096mb ddr2 ram

hard drive = 250gb

optical drive = super multi dvd+rw

graphics card = intel centrino 2 integrated ( also have a sticker sayin graphics by nvidia)

ram is great, processor is just fine, graphics card is lacking if you want 3d match engine

with that ram (i take it you have 64bit OS otherwise only 3gb will register) you should be able to run multiple nations and leagues

but your processor might give you a bit of slowdown during matchday results

infact can you get me anymore info on your graphics card as some integrated graphics are decent? (control panel>device manager>gpu or display adapter)

thanks for that!!

it says 32 bit operating system and Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS ?

ah right, thats good

yes your pc is fine a little slow on the processor but still decent

i'm afraid that only 3gb of ram will only register on a 32 bit OS

so the extra 1gb you have is not being used, still 3gb is perfectly fine

what can i do to speed up my processor & make use of that extra gb??

basically nothing

you can't buy windows 64 bit without a major upgrade to your computer or a new computer (licensing laws)

you can try and look online for gaming processor optimizers (personally i don't see any improvements but some people swear by them)

i'm not even sure intel do them as i got mine from AMD

if however you were to go buy a better processor, you could then ask for windows 64 bit OS from the same store (however upgrading will be expensive)

basically nothing

you can't buy windows 64 bit without a major upgrade to your computer or a new computer (licensing laws)

you can try and look online for gaming processor optimizers (personally i don't see any improvements but some people swear by them)

i'm not even sure intel do them as i got mine from AMD

if however you were to go buy a better processor, you could then ask for windows 64 bit OS from the same store (however upgrading will be expensive)

ok thanks for your help mate!!!

ok thanks for your help mate!!!

personally i wouldn't worry about it mate, your pc is fine for now and will run ok

just wait until you buy a new pc and do your better specs then

just remember if you want to have more than 3gb of ram or a quad core processor you need a 64 bit system in future :)

Archived