Idea for ideas for FM11

TomK

I had the same idea.

My idea was little more detailed though.

Every topic title should start with something like:-

Assistant Manager - Idea

Transfers - Idea

To make searches a little easier.

Also every post gets a pole of yes or no. If the percentage of yes's to no's is high after a certain number of posts than the idea should go into a main thread of ideas SI can look at.

This way it'll be easier for SI and it'll nip the horrible idea's in the bud.

I don't think it needs to be that complicated - people just submit an idea, you can either give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down, and then you get the chance to sort by the most recent idea, or most popular.

I think that'd be much better than just having a giant, sprawling ideas thread.

Better idea: SI should offer everyone an opportunity to opt-in for a web-based survey. This can be built with a tool like Zoomerang, which I've used extensively in my non-footballing life. It would allow SI to distribute a survey and gather feedback on numerous proposed features from a large audience and all at once. Zoomerang provides automatic tabulation, graphs, and enables exporting of the data.

SI already has a database of requested features and improvements, so it already has the basis to develop the questions.

How about SI introduce a new sub-forum for ideas for FM11 and they add a poll to each one where we can vote whether we like it or not.

I think this would really give SI an idea of which ideas are well liked by the community

How about SI introducing a ban for those that don't search before posting! There's already a pretty big thread for ideas for the future. Don't think much of your poll idea though.

Better idea: SI should offer everyone an opportunity to opt-in for a web-based survey. This can be built with a tool like Zoomerang, which I've used extensively in my non-footballing life. It would allow SI to distribute a survey and gather feedback on numerous proposed features from a large audience and all at once. Zoomerang provides automatic tabulation, graphs, and enables exporting of the data.

SI already has a database of requested features and improvements, so it already has the basis to develop the questions.

I reckon you'd get a pretty small and biased sample that way.

Seriously, a thread just like the one at the moment, any registered user able to do a quick thumbs up/thumbs down, and you'll begin to sort the good ideas to the top where they can be considered and discussed in more detail.

The problem with the existing thread is it's just huge, and while I'm sure SI keep an eye on it, there's no way to get any immediate feedback on your idea, or seperate the useful ones from the ridiculous ones.

How about SI introducing a ban for those that don't search before posting! There's already a pretty big thread for ideas for the future. Don't think much of your poll idea though.

Chill out, he was suggesting sometihng different to the ideas forum.

I reckon you'd get a pretty small and biased sample that way.

The forums by their nature are small and biased. There are far more FM customers out in the world than there are posters on these forums. If SI distributed a survey invite with every copy of the game and also had people sign up for it through the forums, then it would not be a small or biased sample. It could provide a massively better way to resolve requested features than text posts on a web forum.

Archived