Lowest league you've managed when offered an Int. Job?

Moaner

Moaner, I can't remember which league I was managing in, but I got the job managing The Gambia when I had automatic reputation and had only managed for about half a season in one of the lowest playable leagues. So it can definitely happen.

However, if you don't use a DDT file to retain certain players, you might not have many smaller nations available in your game. I personally use a special file that retains all the players from the top flight clubs in probably 80 to 90% of the countries in the database. The makes a lot of jobs available for smaller African and Asian nations.

I started managing a national team the day I start FM unemployed (automatic reputation). The lowest leagues loaded in that game were the lowest leagues in Belgium, Bulgaria and Holland. I was hired within a week if not a day I can't remember.

Can't remember who they were though. All I can say is they had no chance in hell qualifying for the WC let alone win it.

I think it was on 07 when I got offered the England job whilst managing East Stirling. I didn't have what you might call a stellar career before that either, as I either got a team relegated from the lowest division or got sacked. Usually within a year.

Archived